Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love everything about my new CTS....except the wheels. So in about two weeks I plan to order some aftermarket wheels and tires.

I'm looking at getting Gianna Royale wheels with Falken FK452 tires (245/35/20). I have been told that these will fit my car. Is there anything else that I need to consider when buying new wheels/tires?

The reason why I ask is because when I bought my car, the dealer had 20" tires/wheels on it. They wouldn't sell it to me because they needed "bushings" to make it work...and they would have to be ordered in. I have no idea what bushings are, but I'm concerned that if it needed bushings with 20" wheels before that I'm going to need them now.

If you have any insight to provide I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
He probably meant hubcentric rings. They are used to help center the wheel on the hub on aftermarket wheels. You don't need them if you torque the lug nuts in the correct order. If they wheels come with them, then use them. If not, you aren't going to notice much difference unless you really mess up when you mount the wheels.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
Goin with the Royales? Black or Chrome? Put up some pics when you get em mounted!! Wheels set off this particular car, eaither 20" or 22" look great, but IMO 20" are more performance and 22"s are more for show. enjoy your new 20" wheels on your new CTS!!!

·
Registered
2009 CTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goin with the Royales? Black or Chrome? Put up some pics when you get em mounted!! Wheels set off this particular car, eaither 20" or 22" look great, but IMO 20" are more performance and 22"s are more for show. enjoy your new 20" wheels on your new CTS!!!
Thanks for the encouragement, Black Dahlia. I'm planning on going for the 20s with the black chrome. I was thinking yesterday, though, that it might make the car look a little too "blingy" and that maybe I should look for something a little subdued. I hate expensive decisions. :)

I've seen pictures of your CTS - it's easily one of the nicest I have ever seen in my life. What are your thoughts on the Royales?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts