Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I purchased a used 2011 V from a local Atlanta Dealer. Part of the negotiations were that they would certify the used V at their cost.
Which they claim was $1200. any wisdom
Also I have recieved no conformation that they certified the car.

Alledgedly I should have the same as if new warranty etc.
Don't you get paperwork ??
Help,
Thanks in advance

:banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V manual
448 Posts
About a month ago I purchased a used 2011 V from a local Atlanta Dealer. Part of the negotiations were that they would certify the used V at their cost.
Which they claim was $1200. any wisdom
Also I have recieved no conformation that they certified the car.

Alledgedly I should have the same as if new warranty etc.
Don't you get paperwork ??
Help,
Thanks in advance

:banana::banana::banana:
i believe 1200 is the cost...some dealers claim closer to 1800...did u call them and ask? you should have received some paperwork. Was this the used on at Moss Robertson?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Why would they have to certify a basically 2011 new vehicle that has a full warranty with the maintainence included? You really don't need it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,267 Posts
In my opinion, yes, you do need a guarantee from the dealer that they are selling the car as a 6/100k CPO car.

In my search for a CPO car, I've heard similar pricing details about the CPO.

I've had dealers offer to NOT sell the car as CPO and take the $$$ off the top of the price.

The price is welllll worth it. If you think you can keep a clutch in a car for 100k miles that puts out over 500tq... then, you don't need a CTS-V to begin with ;)

·
Registered
2010 CTS V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Misspoke; the car is a 2010, with 13,000 miles, so the first year of warranty is kaput, Not from Moss ( I hear they are good). Certification gives me the factory bumper to bumper for 5 years or 60,000 from the original in service date.. Yes its worth it (also the factory 100k drive train).
Frend of mine had to have his s-charger replaced less than 10k miles. ( warrented ). I guss to clarify my question. Is there paperwork associated with having a used car certified.

Thanks Guys

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
mine was not certified but when I ran the vin I still have warranty from org purchase... I'm confused here.

you get the 100k warranty till it has 100k or 5 years from the first purchase, no matter if it is CPO or not.... Don't understand this question.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
53 Posts
I bought my 09' certified for the added cost of $1200. I received one piece of paper from the "accountant" that has a box checked next a line that states "warranty - certified", the other box that was not checked stated "no warranty as is". The dealer suggested that I keep this in the glove box as it may benefit me to eliminate any doubt of a certification should the need arise. I do think though, or hope at least that this information should be recorded in the Cadillac magical database somewhere. If they can track everything else, why not this?

·
Registered
2010 Black CTS-V
2 Posts
I too bought a CPO 2010 CTS-V and was given sufficient paper work on the certification. I was told that I get the remainder of a 6 year 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Love Love Love my V...

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
What does certified mean anyway? I believe it's a gimic word. The warranty is "whichever comes first". So when it hits 5 years, or 60K, it's over. You CAN buy the extended warranty whenever. So am I understanding that you are giving them $50K?, and you're not getting any paperwork????????? The dealer doesn't honor the warranty anyway, it's GM. The dealership only fixes GM's warranty problems. The sales and repair are two different businesses there.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
What does certified mean anyway? I believe it's a gimic word. The warranty is "whichever comes first". So when it hits 5 years, or 60K, it's over. You CAN buy the extended warranty whenever. So am I understanding that you are giving them $50K?, and you're not getting any paperwork????????? The dealer doesn't honor the warranty anyway, it's GM. The dealership only fixes GM's warranty problems. The sales and repair are two different businesses there.
I think your correct. I think it's just the dealer's way of making an extra 1-2grand off customers... sneaky

·
Registered
11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof
531 Posts
You get a 6yr / 100k mile warranty on a Certified Vehicle. From Cadillac's web site:

http://www.cadillac.com/tools/cpo/b...divisional_cpo_promotile_four_programoverview

Your Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes to you with the full assurance that the vehicle meets our stringent standards for mechanical condition and appearance. And you can enjoy your Cadillac with complete peace of mind, because it also comes standard with all applicable Cadillac Ownership Privileges.

With a Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicle you'll also enjoy:

6 years / 100,000-Mile Certified Pre-owned Limited Warranty4
$0 Deductible
Fully Transferable (No Charge)
117 Point Inspection and Reconditioning process
24 hour roadside assistance
Courtesy Transportation
Vehicle History Report
All digitally equipped Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are eligible for 3 trial months5 of OnStar©6 Directions & Connections including OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation. To activate the trial push the blue OnStar button.
Learn more about OnStar>
All XM* equipped Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac vehicles come with a three month trial** of XM Satellite Radio service. To learn more about XM Radio, visit www.xmradio.com.

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Cadillac vehicles' destination freight charges.
Six years or 100,000 miles from new-vehicle delivery date and mileage.
Vehicle must be equipped with OnStar digital hardware. Offer expires 12/31/11. Valid email address required.
Call 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit onstar.com for coverage maps, details and system limitations.
Requires a subscription sold separately by XM after trial period. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia. Visit xmradio.com for details.

·
Registered
2010 CTS V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That clarifies everything, Still no document stating certification. Salesman said the certification could be verified by any Cadillac dealers computer.....
Thanks for all the info...

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Still no document stating certification. Salesman said the certification could be verified by any Cadillac dealers computer.....
Thanks for all the info...
Back when I bought my '04 V with a CPO warranty, one of the documents provided was the complete inspection checklist and was titled 'Certified Pre-Owned Checklist'.
Also the service department can enter the VIN for service history and it will show whether it has the CPO warranty.

The CPO warranty was also a great selling point when I sold my '04 in '09, since it still had "bumper-to-bumper" coverage until 3/11 or 100K.

·
Registered
13 6MN Vagon OBM
295 Posts
You get a 6yr / 100k mile warranty on a Certified Vehicle. From Cadillac's web site:

All digitally equipped Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are eligible for 3 trial months5 of OnStar©6 Directions & Connections including OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation. To activate the trial push the blue OnStar button.
Appears from Caddy Wagon's post that one way to verify your status would be to push the OnStar button and ask for your three month free trial.....

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
As I recall, there is one fairly non-descript document you get when buying a CPO vehicle. It is pretty well hidden but does say the vehicle has the Cadillac certified warranty. If you cannot find it I'm very sure that any Caddy dealer can give you the status of your coverage.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto
343 Posts
My used '09 has the full remainder of the manufacturer's warranty plus the extended warranty purchased by the original owner....AND the remainder of the 4 year free oil changes / maintenance. Mine was a private deal. I can't see what else I might have received had I purchased it from dealer with "Certified" status applied. To me, just seems like another reason to support dealer mark-up?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Call Cadillac Customer Care, I don't have the phone number handy but it's easy enough to find. I called to ask about the warranty status of the Escalade and they gave me *ALL* active warranties, down to the corrosion warranty and even the emissions warranty. If the car is a TRUE CPO, they will have that information, and it will save a trip to the dealer. However, if you DO go to the dealer, they can pull all of this together with the previous warranty work history from GM VIS.

It can get REALLY confusing with all the warranties but essentially it breaks down like this:

Standard coverages:

Primary Factory Warranty: "No questions asked" type bumper to bumper for 4 years or 50,000 miles from original in-service date.

Factory Powertrain Warranty: Powertrain only (Engine, transmission, transfer case/AWD/4wd, front and rear differentials and driveshaft) for 5 years or 100,000 miles from original in-service date.

Optional Coverages:

Certified Pre-Owned: Covers *most* of the items covered by the original bumper to bumper except for trim, paint, body defects, and consumables etc. for a total of 6 years or 100,000 miles from in-service date.

So essentially, CPO buys you 2 more years of "time" and 50k more miles for something that falls somewhere in-between the bumper to bumper and the power train.

Then of course you have the extended warranty sold by GM, the emissions warranty and the rust-through warranty.

·
Registered
2010 CTS V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I did get the onstar 3 months free trial, not sure that I wouldn't have gotten it anyway..I'm going to another Caddy Dealer and have them verify the CPO status..

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
ask your dealer to look your car up in the computer and see when the warranty expires. I bought three CPO CTS and none of them had any kind of documention. It was all in the computer.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
945 Posts
Post the VIN, someone can run it and see if it has a CPO warranty

Edit: I will be at my desk for another hour then a 3 day weekend, and won't check this till Monday. But I am sure I am not the only person on the forum with access to this data.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts