Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the site and have searched about my question.

I just purchased a 08 CTS4 without navigation. I was wondering how much it would cost and where to have navigation installed into this model. Thank you.

·
Registered
none yet
7 Posts
My recommendation is for a few hundred bucks you can get a Garmin or iPhone etc. that'll do the same thing if not better, you won't have to carve up your dash or go through a lot of work installing it. Plus they're portable and you can move from them vehicle to vehicle as needed. Plug and play.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe, Metallic Black Ice, 3.6 DI, bought new Dec. 2010, 93,000 miles 11/17
84 Posts
Save yourself hundreds (thousands?) of dollars and the risk of damaging your dash, triggering your airbags, and various other adventures. Just pick up a Garmin portable unit at Best Buy. The Nuvi 3760T is thinner than an iPhone and the best part.....3 or 4 map updates every year at very low cost, and easy to perform those updates just by plugging the unit into your computer and going to the Garmin website.

I have read some horror stories on this site about the update process for the built-in nav system, and expensive too!

Grab that little Garmin and you will not regret it. AND, it snaps easily off its mount and turns into a pedestrian GPS just by clicking a button.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
This is just one of those options that isn't easily switched out like other gm nav/non nav stereos...it would be a custom mod.

Here's one story of a man who came close: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...al-discussion/164895-2008-cts-navigation.html (before his wife apparently wrecked the car) :helpless:

I think the guy who said something to the effect of "If you want factory Nav, you're better off buying a car with it already installed" hit the nail on the head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts