Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm Beano.

I'm actually from Australia, oddly enough. I know it sounds weird... What's an aussie doing on a Cadillac forum? Why is his text the correct way up?

Well, I'm actually developing some parts for the HFV6 engine at the moment, in particular the earlier, non-turbo versions for the Commodore SV6s we get here, and seeing as the CTS-V and the ATS-V both have HFV6s of some sort, I wanted to gather some information that I can use to develop parts for these engines.

Essentially I want to know a few things about the ATS in particular, where the manual version apparently has a TR6060 bolted to it. I need to know about the stud pattern of the bellhousing on the LF3 and see if it matches the LLT. If so, I'd also be looking at sourcing a bell housing for the TR6060 that'll bolt up to an LLT. Since we never got the ATS here in Australia (or indeed any Cadillac) any research or developments I can make on the powertrain front for V6 tuners will allow us to swap out our crappy AY6 gearboxes for better quality Tremecs and chase more ponies.

I'm working on some other stuff too, feel free to ask me any questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ever been to Cunnamulla?
I have not. I'm on the complete opposite side of the country in Western Australia...

I do plan on taking the Ute for a road trip around the country to test some of the parts i'm working on. Might have to put it on the map :)

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,716 Posts
Welcome. My wife also hails from the Land Down Under. You have some beautiful places in your country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. My wife also hails from the Land Down Under. You have some beautiful places in your country.
Oh! From what part?

Also, America's got some wonderful places. I lived in Florida for six months and miss every minute and every mile of all the road trips we took as a family whole we were there.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,716 Posts
She's from Adelaide.

And I'm from Florida - where did you stay here?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah! With my aunt, around Wedgefield.

We also spent a lot of time on the east coast, mostly spending time in Virginia, Charleston, Atlanta, DC, NYC, etc.

I've never been to Adelaide, but we refer to it as the City of churches since there's so bloody many of them there. Haha.
Ask her about whether or not she misses Farmers Union Ice Coffee. Don't blame her if she does, tbh, it's good stuff!

·
Registered
19,716 Posts
She will - she's still over there right now. Waiting on US immigration....

They also say that South Australia is a little backwards... when the rest of the nation turns their clocks back an hour, SA turns them back 20 years. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts