Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rickko 
#1 ·
Hello all, i am new to the forum here and i am also a new 1998 caddy eldorado owner.

I have accessed on the onboard diagnostics system and came across the following information:

PCM P0463 History
PCM P0603 History
NO IPC CODES
NO ACM CODES
SDM B1327 History
NO TCS
NO PZM
NO IRC
NO RFA
NO CCP
MSM B2120 CURRENT
MSM B0856 CURRENT
MSM B1982 HISTORY
MSM B1983 HISTORY
MSM B1656 HISTORY
NO MMM CODES

I tried to locate a page with all the codes, but was unsuccessful. Is there such a page? I realize that i have probably posted a request for a lot of information, but perhaps someone can at least point out if any of the codes are significant (i.e. the current codes). I have ordered a manual but it has not arrived yet, but i am hoping that will shed a lot of light on these codes and their meanings. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Like i said i am new to the caddy's, but i am looking forward to learning all about them. Thanks for your time in advance.

Arland

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Fattycaddy!!!! I'm sure one of the tech wizards will be along shortly to help you out with the codes.

#3 ·
fattycaddy said:
Hello all, i am new to the forum here and i am also a new 1998 caddy eldorado owner.

I have accessed on the onboard diagnostics system and came across the following information:

PCM P0463 History
PCM P0603 History
NO IPC CODES
NO ACM CODES
SDM B1327 History
NO TCS
NO PZM
NO IRC
NO RFA
NO CCP
MSM B2120 CURRENT
MSM B0856 CURRENT
MSM B1982 HISTORY
MSM B1983 HISTORY
MSM B1656 HISTORY
NO MMM CODES

I tried to locate a page with all the codes, but was unsuccessful. Is there such a page? I realize that i have probably posted a request for a lot of information, but perhaps someone can at least point out if any of the codes are significant (i.e. the current codes). I have ordered a manual but it has not arrived yet, but i am hoping that will shed a lot of light on these codes and their meanings. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Like i said i am new to the caddy's, but i am looking forward to learning all about them. Thanks for your time in advance.

Arland

Current:
B2120 - Lumbar Up/Down Sensor Failed
B0856 - Battery 2 Out of Range

History:
P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset
B1327 - Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts
B1982 - Device Power Circuit High
B1983 - Device Power Circuit Low
B1656 - EEPROM Write Error

Now we need to hear from someone who knows what this means! :D

Welcome to the CadillacForums!

#4 ·
Welcome Fatcaddy....... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Someone will be along shortly to interprit those codes!!!

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. From what i understand the "history" codes are something you don't really need to worry about, unless they become a reoccuring thing. Is that correct? A few the codes made sense occurding to the history i have on it. I am curious to know what battery 2 out of range is.

This forum is great!!!

Arland

#6 ·
History codes are not something that should be forgotten..... It just means they are intermittent (sp)....... They should still be diagnosed and corrected.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.