Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the radiator and hoses on my 95 SLS Northstar 4.6L. I have about 72 hours max to work on this project. I want to save money and start enjoying the pride of labor on ones own vehicle. I have very limited experience with engines, but I'm tenancious as hell. Is this a job a newbie could handle in 3 days or should I just send it to the shop (not the dealer), but a certified mechanic.

P.S.
Love the Forum, Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
98 STS
295 Posts
it is a job you can do yourself, go on e bay to the automotive section and find kaiser radiators order you radiator for less than $150.00 you can have one at your door in about 24 hrs and taking your time a half day at the most

·
Registered
1997 Polo Green Cadillac Seville STS
685 Posts
theradiatorconnection guy on eBay has new radiators that come in below $100 even with shipping cost!!

You can do it yourself but remember to disconnect the trans lines so you can slide the radiator fans out... Also, BE EXTRA careful getting the purge line off the recovery tank... That nipple on the recovery tank just loves to break off... If that happens, you'll need a new recovery tank and you'll only be able to get it from GM... $75 w/ discount. And don't forget the sealant tablets... I crumbled mine in a cup and mixed it with water BEFORE adding it to the top fill point on the radiator!!!... I did not add it to the recovery tank because it will go right into the heater core before the sealant has a chance to dilute with the coolant.. That right there could CLOG your heater core!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts