Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado Biarritz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1989 Eldorado Biarritz. As of yet I do not have an owners manual (on order). I can see nom way to open the fuel door. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
649 Posts
I just purchased a 1989 Eldorado Biarritz. As of yet I do not have an owners manual (on order). I can see nom way to open the fuel door. Can anybody help?
There may be one inside the trunk on the fuel door side, up out of the way. Not sure about the interior latch but it may be above the radio.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,468 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado Biarritz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I can't believe that Cadillac would not have a "button" somewhere to eliminate the process of opening the trunk every time to fill up...

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado 1983 Seville
105 Posts
Thank you. I can't believe that Cadillac would not have a "button" somewhere to eliminate the process of opening the trunk every time to fill up...
Not sure about the pre-1980-85 Caddy models, but look in the glove box on the left side. If there is a yellow (possibly another color) button there, push it, Voila! the fuel door pops open. And besides that, get the owners manual and the FSM, you are going to need them.

Just did a quick Google search and found some conflicting suggestions.... "On the dash near the DIC",..."On the console",.. "On the fob",... Any way, take your pick or Google it yourself and pick what works. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado Biarritz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about the pre-1980-85 Caddy models, but look in the glove box on the left side. If there is a yellow (possibly another color) button there, push it, Voila! the fuel door pops open. And besides that, get the owners manual and the FSM, you are going to need them.

Just did a quick Google search and found some conflicting suggestions.... "On the dash near the DIC",..."On the console",.. "On the fob",... Any way, take your pick or Google it yourself and pick what works. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Good Luck!
Thank you...

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado Biarritz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. So far I haven't been able to get the glove box open...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts