Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
none
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I have seen on all these nav units, the buttons needed replaced so I left the head unit in with Sclade turned off and simply pulled the screen off the front and disconnected the ribbon. after simply replacing the buttons, plugged back in and everything works except BLACK SCREEN. I have found the exact same thread on this

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...oblems-radio-navigation-no-display-after.html

But didn't seem to find a solution. what I "think" happend was since I did not disconnect the battery and simply unplugged the screen from the head unit, it might ahve shorted the screen out :hmm: ....... so with all of that said, any solutions? And is there somewhere online that shows the diagram of the Nav unit broke down to part numbers, where I can just buy the screen instead of the whole unit? This is my dads Escalade and he ain't too happy. Or if someone can even just post the part # would be great too, Thanks.... hope this forum is some help!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
22 Posts
Assuming you have the touch screen model, the ribbon has nothing to do with the headunit display. All the ribbon does is work the buttons/lights on the faceplate and send that information to the headunit. Even with the ribbon unplugged, you should still be able to use your screen.

If you have the non-touch screen model then I do not know. I would still think the ribbon shouldn't effect the screen's display, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2007 Black Escalade EXT
355 Posts
This is the Non-Touch Screen Unit. The Ribbon is the only connection of the radio/nav unit to the screen. That is how it gets power and transfers information to the radio. The same way a computer monitor connects to the CPU. And the screen also has the buttons on it so it also serves as a keyboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts