Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Raven Black CTS Luxury 3.6
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new CTS owner I want to get some new chrome wheels. Don't know what kind I want but do want to stay withe the 16". You guys got any suggestions on where to get a good deal? I live in the DFW, Tx area but will order online to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
but do want to stay with the 16".
:hmm:
Why 16" wheels? If your going to upgrade, go with at least 18" wheels. With 16" you could use your exisitng tires. Wait until they wear out and go with something larger.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
leonm47 said:
As a new CTS owner I want to get some new chrome wheels. Don't know what kind I want but do want to stay withe the 16". You guys got any suggestions on where to get a good deal? I live in the DFW, Tx area but will order online to save a few bucks.
If you really want to stay with the 16's, your options are limited. You could replace them with other OEM 16" wheels, but I would upgrade to at least a 17" or 18" wheel.

In fact, buying the luxury sport 17" rims will be perfect if you are not looking to go extreme. Plus, you may find them at a local rim shop slightly used at a great deal. It is not advisable to go to cadillac, unless you have an enormous amount of money and wouldn't mind spending 2K for 17" wheels.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Even Cadillac is moving away from the small 16" tires and offering 18" wheels.
To get an idea on the looks, look at your car and the spacing around the wheels, then look at a CTS-V which has the 18" wheels. The difference is amazing. I removed my OEM 17" to go to 18". As you can see, members are trying to get you to rethink the 16" choice.:yup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
leonm47 said:
If I were replacing wheels 18" are the way to go. I don't know of any good local dealers, all of our local Caddy dealers are too expensive.

If you are looking to keep your ride as stock looking as possible try to find the part# for the new 18" wheels offered with the 06 CTS Sport Package. Next plug those numbers into www.gmpartsdirect.com and check pricing.

I have also ordered from here;
http://www.gm-car-parts.com/gmautoparts.htm
Very good customer service, much better than gmpartsdirect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
tires.com has 2 pages worth of 16" rims in our size, but only rim was chrome. They'd look weird on our car though, IMO. Go with 17's at the very least if you're buying aftermarket rims. It's a popular size, good compromise between performance and ride quality, looks better, and price for tires isn't too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts