·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Hmmm. From those pics, looks like chrome inserts to me. Give them a call and see what they say. And can you take pics of it on your truck? I want to see it on a lade.

According to this site, there are pictures of both chrome or black. I think they sent you the wrong ones. OR, cant you just take off the black inserts and its chrome underneath? I dunno.

Here is that link to see the black and chrome inserts.
http://www.omegaluxurywheels.com/html/5150.htm

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got them on, and will get some pictures up this evening. The inserts are held on by an alan screw, so I might pull one off and see if the black is removable. Either way it isn't too bad since my lade is black. I think the 2/3 drop is in order though.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost forgot, has anyone that has 24" wheels on with 305/35/24 tires experienced any rubbing? I seem to get a little bit of rubbing on the drivers side on a piece of plastic under there. I'm debating cutting a square out of there, is that the best option?

·
Registered
Cadillac
165 Posts
You can try to heat it up with a heat gun.And try to push in the plastic.Use a moist towel to cool the hot spot when you push it in.How was the buying experience with that site?Thinking of buying from them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip.

The buying experience went really well. The only complaint was the guy didn't call me and tell me my order was complete when he was suppose to, and never called and gave me my tracking number. A simple call to him got that info though. I received my wheels 6 days after ordering them. Excellent service.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the best shot due to nasty weather and other vehicles in the driveway, but I will post more when its nice out.

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
That doesn't look too bad! With a 2/3" drop, I think it'll look awesome actually!! Good thing your lade is Black!

Anyways, both my lades have 305/35/24s and yes it rubs in the front. I just cut the plastic off and it's 100% better!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

I cut a small chunk and that helped a bit, gonna have to cut a strip off it looks like. It seems to only do it on the drivers side though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah after I got the wheels cleaned up I really liked the black inserts. The wheels came FILTHY with greasy fingerprints, so much to the point I thought they weren't even chrome. Some wheel cleaner and a pressure wash and they started shining.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts