Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had ordered new wheels after weeks of looking for the right style with the right bolt pattern in the right size. I went to get them mounted today and guess what, just my luck, the TPMS don't' fit right in the new wheels.

They go in there and sit correctly but the hole the valve stem comes through it deep. The problem is when you drop the nut over the valve stem there's not enough space around it to get a socket in there to tighten it.

Anyone have a solution for that? Do they make the TPMS in a longer size with a longer nut?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized something that makes this a mute point

Even if we get them installed they may not work because of being recessed AND if I can't get to the WHOLE valve stem there's no way to set them.

·
Registered
07 escalade, 06 lexus gs, 94 civic si hatchback
32 Posts
what if you dont use the TPmS at all? will there be any warning light that will show up on the car?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the SERVICE TPMS message will be on all the time AND it's illegal to remove or disable ANY portion of the system, which BTW will soon be an inspection item.

I got different wheels and that particular manufacturer better get it together.

what if you dont use the TPmS at all? will there be any warning light that will show up on the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts