Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Let's see ,may be it's better to other browsers

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
What's a few mb when we are in the Gb world? (for those of us that remember when a 5mb HD was huge). The real issues are stability and support of other standard technology.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Hmm you know I never befriended FF. I tried and I still have it but never got to seriously using it. It just drives me crazy to be required to have multiple tools to perform the same task.

IE is the only browser you can take the the MS update site and get the job done so why oh why would you veer from that path of integration.

I understand the excitement about a browser we think is better, different, more secure or whatever but why. It seems like more trouble than it's worth. Like when I forced myself to banish MS totally and run a Linux desktop. But everyday I found myself going to the Windows box to get something done.

It's just the world we live in so why fight the system. Why do things off the beaten path and make your life more difficult.

I have to say that neither my home network or any of my clients have been victim of a virus, vulnerability or attack in any way for a very long time. As a matter of fact I don't think it's ever happened on my watch.

So I ask, what are we trying to accomplish with alternative browsers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts