Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the type of car I could use as a DD and just beat the snot out of it. Good for the warranty period, rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,596 Posts
KIA has some new designers that are really good!
Agree. I was going to buy the Optima. Real sporty and nice interior, 274 HP....but it's a KIA!!! Just like Hyundai, I can't get over the brand's past. They're good for the younger gen, the those that don't remember when they were junk cars.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree. I was going to buy the Optima. Real sporty and nice interior, 274 HP....but it's a KIA!!! Just like Hyundai, I can't get over the brand's past. They're good for the younger gen, the those that don't remember when they were junk cars.
Bingo. To me they are disposable. If i were to consider one, as I said earlier I would drive it while under warranty and then dump it. If it is even good enough to last that long.

----------

Holy, schmoly! I just looked at their website and their cars range from $15k to $50k! $50,000 for a Kia?!

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
KIA K900 sedan msrp starts at around 55k

Hyundai Equus sedan msrp starts at around 62k

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon (traded in for a 2011 Lexus LS460 on 12/20/17)
321 Posts
I remember my friend's dad had a Datsun 120 in the '70s, and by the time he got rid of it you could poke holes thru the bodywork with your finger. Add on 30 years and nobody's laughing at the Nissan GTR.

I think it's pretty much the same with Hyundai and Kia. The first Hyundai was a piece of junk, but the latest Equus gets great reviews. The Kia K900 isn't quite there yet, but it's a big step forward, too.

·
Registered
CTS
722 Posts
the those that don't remember when they were junk cars.
Korea is on the same upward curve as Japan 40 years ago, remember when their cars were perceived as "junk" ? Then what happened?

The Korean products have evolved at an exponential rate and will continue to do so. They have the advantage that the Japanese broke the badge snobbery barrier.

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD
49 Posts
Kia or no Kia....that Effin Car is Gorgeous.
As a few mentioned, the Koreans are making solid cars.
My Dad who looks for Value when buying a car, picked up a Kia Optima last year and loves it.
Sharp Car, fully loaded at a decent price.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C

·
0 Posts
I like it including the interior espcially if they blended the infotainment screen in to the dash more.

One of my best friends has a Optima SX turbo it is actually kinda nice.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you still living the dream, CTSCHICK?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,596 Posts
Bingo. To me they are disposable. If i were to consider one, as I said earlier I would drive it while under warranty and then dump it. If it is even good enough to last that long.

----------

Holy, schmoly! I just looked at their website and their cars range from $15k to $50k! $50,000 for a Kia?!
LOL!!!! for a KIA...:histeric:

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
I don't see what y'all are getting excited about with the Kia wagon. It's a concept car.
Concept: con·cept
Pronunciation: /'känˌsept/
noun
an abstract idea; a general notion; a vehicle designed to tease the general public that has yet to be ruined by the lead designer and the accountants of a motor corporation
synonyms: idea, notion, nahtgonnahappen

Give it time, Kia has time to mess it up...that's the definition of a concept car. :)

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
They said the same thing about Toyota, Honda and Nissan
Lexus, Acura and Infiniti
Same thing with the new Cadillac prices. "69k for a Cadillac?"

Haha but I seriously can't do Kia yet, maybe in a few decades.
I am not part of the "older generation" so my knowledge of kia is a big green box with hamsters jumping around in it.

Cadillac prestige or hip hop hamsters.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts