Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2005 CTS-V a couple days ago. Got a good deal on it because it has a couple issues that someone here might've dealt with. Its throwing codes for cam position sensor, throttle position sensor, lean bank 2, and MAF. Sometimes when I try to start it it doesn't start and backfires pretty good. When she starts she starts right up and no issues running. I suspect that maybe someone had some bolt-ons and a tune and took them off and now its messing with it. Total guess. It still has a CAI and cat delete. Any ideas of what the issues might be?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,327 Posts
The fact that it's intermittent would lead me to believe it's not a tune issue - if it was an issue with the tune, it would always be an issue.

I'm thinking it's an electrical issue of some sort. I'd start by making sure all the main grounds are good. There's one by the hood strut at the passenger fender, and there are a couple on the back of each cylinder head. Remove the bolt, use a star washer to give better bite into the metal surface, use a little sandpaper to scuff off the paint under the ground at the fender. See if any of that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fact that it's intermittent would lead me to believe it's not a tune issue - if it was an issue with the tune, it would always be an issue.

I'm thinking it's an electrical issue of some sort. I'd start by making sure all the main grounds are good. There's one by the hood strut at the passenger fender, and there are a couple on the back of each cylinder head. Remove the bolt, use a star washer to give better bite into the metal surface, use a little sandpaper to scuff off the paint under the ground at the fender. See if any of that helps.
OK I'll give that a try

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the 3 bolts on the cam gear loose issue. That seems to have fixed the not starting issue. Still getting lean bank 2 code and when I shut the car off it has a knock that sounds like it could be running too rich.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts