Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray/Gray
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I finally found my CTS-V after looking for 4 months. 2007 Grey/Grey, I think it is a pretty rare combination. 62000 miles but I only go 4 miles to work and back and will likely drive my truck most days in the winter, I figure 6000 miles a year max. My hope is the mileage will catch up to normal in the next 2-3 years. The car is flawless, save the high mileage. Paid $23,500 in Texas and drove the 1236 miles back to Minneapolis. Welcome any input on price and whether I paid too much!!!

Spent this weekend detailing the car. Adams Polishes are wonderful products. You simply cannot tell the car is not 2 weeks from the showroom floor.

Questions For All You Experienced V-Guys...

#1 What do you suggest as initial maintainance items. Dealership said oil indicator was fine as oil was supposedly changed before the drive North. Many of you bought used and I would like to know what you suggest to do right off the bat? Did you change the oil immediately to get on your own known schedule?
#2 Mobil 1 or Amsoil?
#3 Should I change transmission oil now? Mobil 1 or Amsoil?
#4 Do I need to worry about the rear-end?
#5 Had tires rotated and balanced Saturday. The car has Bridgestone run flats now. If I was to go with non run-flats, how does it affect the car?
#6 Only visible defect is the paint coming off the radio buttons. My dealer is calling Cadillac Monday and they may decide to cover it even out of warranty. If they do is there any way to keep the problem from happening again or just live with it? If they dont can the buttons be replaced? Paint is off the band button and the 1st, 5th and 6th RH buttons.

Looking forward to regularly participating in and using this forum. First mods are all convenience. iPod adapter, bluetooth phone adapter and CAGS disable were all installed today. Now looking to enjoy the car for a few months and decide whats next.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Hello all. I finally found my CTS-V after looking for 4 months. 2007 Grey/Grey, I think it is a pretty rare combination. 62000 miles but I only go 4 miles to work and back and will likely drive my truck most days in the winter, I figure 6000 miles a year max. My hope is the mileage will catch up to normal in the next 2-3 years. The car is flawless, save the high mileage. Paid $23,500 in Texas and drove the 1236 miles back to Minneapolis. Welcome any input on price and whether I paid too much!!!

Spent this weekend detailing the car. Adams Polishes are wonderful products. You simply cannot tell the car is not 2 weeks from the showroom floor.

Questions For All You Experienced V-Guys...

#1 What do you suggest as initial maintainance items. Dealership said oil indicator was fine as oil was supposedly changed before the drive North. Many of you bought used and I would like to know what you suggest to do right off the bat? Did you change the oil immediately to get on your own known schedule?
#2 Mobil 1 or Amsoil?
#3 Should I change transmission oil now? Mobil 1 or Amsoil?
#4 Do I need to worry about the rear-end?
#5 Had tires rotated and balanced Saturday. The car has Bridgestone run flats now. If I was to go with non run-flats, how does it affect the car?
#6 Only visible defect is the paint coming off the radio buttons. My dealer is calling Cadillac Monday and they may decide to cover it even out of warranty. If they do is there any way to keep the problem from happening again or just live with it? If they dont can the buttons be replaced? Paint is off the band button and the 1st, 5th and 6th RH buttons.

Looking forward to regularly participating in and using this forum. First mods are all convenience. iPod adapter, bluetooth phone adapter and CAGS disable were all installed today. Now looking to enjoy the car for a few months and decide whats next.
cannot comment on price, I bought an 05 and paid more than you did...but it had 17,000 miles on it...

the radio knob issue is very common, if the dealer doesn't help you...luke at lindays caddy ---------> contact on the right sales them seperate..If you buy them from him shoot some clear over them and they will never peel again

I use all amsoil...motor/tranny/and diff

i would change your diff/tranny fluid soon as you don't know how long ago it was done....
severe gear amsoil 75W 90
and amosil ATF in the tranny...

engine oil most use mobil as recommended by factory...

you shouldn't have an issue with your diff it's the redesigned model

welcome and here is a great link

lots of knowledge and how-to's...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

and welcome!!!...nice member banner!

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
1. Oil, coolant, trans, DIFF, clutch. :D
2. Both good.
3. Yes, Amsoil ATF
4. Yes, Amsoil Sever Gear Oil 75w-90, 75W-110, or 75W-140
5. More comfortable ride.
6. Lindsay Cadillac will sell individual button for you to replace. If you're careful with them they should last for several years

:welcome:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
As stated above, I'm in agreeance to just about all. One thing though is I use Royal Purple synthetic for my diff and Motul RBF 600 in the brakes and clutch. Have had good experience with both and many forum members swear by the RBF 600 (especially for the track) so I'm sticking with what works for me. Same goes for the diff. As far as the tires go, I've not only heard of people getting a more comfortable ride when changing out the runflats but also reduction in wheelhop issues as well. My 05 V has an 07 diff (the better one) like yours so you should be better off with that too. Anything you need just ask for Luke at Lindsay Cadillac and he'll take care of you. Good luck and :welcome:

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V for Victory
31 Posts
Welcome, I too recently purchased a used V, 06 with 28K for 20,300, but it needed a clutch, tires and some small cosmetic stuff so I'm right around 23K back to new. I changed all the fluid in the car right away so I knew what was done and what wasn't. The dealer replaced my radio also under warranty since the right side buttons were worn and since I keep my finger nails short I dont think it will be a problem anymore, IMO its from nails rubbing across the tops while changing settings. I also have non run flats on mine which make the ride smoother and I havent had an issue with wheel hop since I dont really beat on it. I replaced all my fluids with GM recommended fluids since the car is still under warranty. When you change the diff fluid make sure you add the additives as well or you will be writing a new thread on Diff whine. Congrats on your new purchase and welcome

T. Phil
07 Chevy Tahoe LT3,Blue/black, every chrome option, escallade chrome roof rack
06 CTS-V, Platinum/black, chrome wheels,cts console,K&N filter, Magnaflow exhaust and shifter next.
99 Chevy C5 coupe, Silver/Black, chrome 00' wheels,K&N FIPK,

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
welcome... dont 07's have the 6yr 100k warranty from gm? why would yours be out of it already?
That's just the powertrain warranty. Bump-to-bumper is still 4yr 50k miles.

I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts

post up some pics of your new ride!!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Which gray, Thunder Gray or Stealth Gray?
You only need to worry about the diff if you bang gears like a mad man or let wheelhop happen.
Like Rand said, aftermarket shifter is a great idea, night and day.
I recommend the Corvette fuel rail covers (valve covers), it's much easier to explain to your friends if you pop the hood and they see for themselves that this car really has the motor!
Get ready to be addicted to the V-series balance of luxury and performance too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray/Gray
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Color is Thunder Grey with grey leather interior. I keep getting stopped and asked where I got the new car. No one can believe it was half price. Heck, even one of the girls in my office who has an 09 CTS AWD was complaining she thought the old cars had a chiseled better look than the new cars. Only complaint has been from my wife who thinks I have gone through a midlife crisis by driving the only street legal car I could find that drives like a Nextel Cup car. Oh well, I guess it will be hard to be discovered by Mr. Hendrick driving the limit in Minnesota.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Maggie CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Raven #3
160 Posts

Who hoooooo another MN V owner!!!!!! :thumbsup:
June 13 MN-V day, We just need a spot anybody know of a good place?

·
Registered
CTS-V 2005 stock
72 Posts
If the engine makes the whole car shake when you turn off the ignition, check if your motor mounts need to be replaced (300-400$ i think). It makes a huge difference in ride quality.

#6 Only visible defect is the paint coming off the radio buttons..
I guess you will have to live with it, I hate to break it to you but I don't think GM will change the whole navigation unit out of warranty just for paint scratches.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
i paid $22k for my 2005 in july with 25kmiles on her.

amsoil all the way! rear should be good. if you have any problems take her in for warranty. i had my whole radio replaced under warranty because of the buttons. never a question asked!

good luck and post some pics!

·
Registered
07 Light Platinum CTS V (Valarie) 99 Pewter Trans Am (Jesse)
70 Posts
Welcome keep hear about good deals in texas got my 07 for 22900 in San Angelo about two months ago...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts