Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 05 V with 13000 miles and have few questions...

1. This vehicle is under warranty correct...? I never even thought about it cuz its GM and never had a prob before...

2. The C-Pillar panels in the back are both falling down due to the wind problem I read elsewhere... I know this is covered under warranty. Do I just go to the dealership and let them deal with it?

3. The tires are basically shot and plan to get some aftermarket wheels... are run flats necessary? I read multiple multiple pages of tire reviews on here...Some seem to think it changes the ride others don't care because of the price. I plan on picking up another stock rim and having a full size spare in the trunk. (I drive 30 miles a day back and forth to work and have had my share of flats) But I will get the runflats if it is going to change the handling of the vehicle.

4. What do you guys use to clean the wheels I have an intense amount of brake dust all over them...

5. The only blemish with the whole vehicle is a pen mark in the headliner how do I safely remove this... it is bumming me out!

On another note... I bought this car without ever even test driving a V (yea ******* caddy dealers didn't think I had the money) and all I can say is holy sh!t I love this car I can't even explain how much i was giggling, literally laughing out loud to myself as the tires were squelin around corners or just mashing on the accelarator. This vehicle has put more smiles on my face in the past 20 miles then my Yamaha R6 did in 10000 :D

thanks all
-nate

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,991 Posts
Welcome!

1. Yup, should be covered on warranty still.

2. Have dealer replace them. (aka "sail panels")

3. Don't have to have runflats. You can get a spare tire "kit" at Lindsay Cadillac ... look 'em up here on this forum ... talk to Luke.

4. Get some Hawk brake pads. Same amount of dust, you just can't see it ... MUCH better. Lindsay Cadillac's got them, too.

Also, you may want to tone down your driving. It turns out that the weak point in these cars in the differential. Until you get one of the kits that're available to reduce wheelhop and better support the rear end, down boy ... down boy!

Again, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Welcome to V Land! What's your location and what color did you get?

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
If you can afford (or stomach the price of) run flats, use them. Under aggressive driving, there is a difference in cornering stability and traction. I use my EMT's at the track and Yoko Advans for everyday tooling around.

·
Registered
Cadillac
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies...

Do I have to go to a Cadillac Dealer? Or can I go to any GM certified place. I absolutely hate the dealership in my area...

Anyone else have any views on run flats... yes / no? Also I would be willing to sacrifice a slight amount of performance in favor of mileage... Do runflats get less miles then regular tires?

I'm located Grand Rapids, MI. Black on Black. :D

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,991 Posts
... I'm located Grand Rapids, MI. Black on Black. :D
You're in GR for cryin' out loud?!! I was just there last Wednesday.

Why don't you plan on coming down to the Dream Cruise and meeting up with a bunch of us, and we'll fill you in on anything you want to know (and probably more :gossip:)?!! BTW, there's a couple three guys in your area (Iwinagin, Rockefella, and someone else I think) plus guys in Lansing and north and south of you. Don't know for sure if they're coming, but, as they used to say on TV, "come on down."

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Just bought an 05 V with 13000 miles and have few questions...

3. The tires are basically shot and plan to get some aftermarket wheels... are run flats necessary? I read multiple multiple pages of tire reviews on here...Some seem to think it changes the ride others don't care because of the price. I plan on picking up another stock rim and having a full size spare in the trunk. (I drive 30 miles a day back and forth to work and have had my share of flats) But I will get the runflats if it is going to change the handling of the vehicle.

thanks all
-nate

Use the search tool to find threads regarding Goodyear giving V owners store credits for their tires. Some owners received as much as 80% credit for their purchase when replacing the runcraps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts