Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!!!

Just picked up a bone stock 2009 Thunder Gray CTS-V sedan (auto). I'm looking to order a Lingenfelter 650 hp kit (plus get the car retuned obviously; $1950 plus $500 for tune). My end goal is to make about 600 rwhp and be able to keep it a daily driver. Is this Lingenfelter setup a recommended setup (AKA, worth the money). I'm looking to also add long tube headers and a full exhaust. I think that pretty much covers it for now. Any help you all can add would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I'm looking to pickup a Thunder Grey auto myself. Did yours come with recaros and/or suede wheel and shifter? How many miles on the ODO? If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

·
Registered
'09 V
169 Posts
Hey welcome aboard. I have read a lot about the performance kits and that company seems to be one of the top 5. I know everyone has their separate opinions but in my opinion they have been much more well known in this platform than any other company. I too just bought an 09 TG Sedan, Auto (19k miles, $38k) and it is completely stock. After researching the bolt-on performance I decided the best thing for me is to bolt-on my own performance mods in the order I choose. It helps that each company lists what mods are in each of their stage/level kits so that gets you a good idea. It is nice to have the whole package, though. Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
That was my first question: how many miles on that rotating assembly and block? As long as you've got the bankroll to fix it, go for it! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.
498 Posts
I think you're going to fall short of the 600 rwhp with that kit.
You will need more pulley, for more boost, and/or a ZR1 or larger cam, IMO.

CTS_V tune 1024.jpg

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!!! The car has every option except Recaro seats. Car has 34,000 miles on it as is almost completely stock (no performance upgrades). Ended up paying 42K total. Considering I'm stationed in Germany and this was my only option, it's not a bad deal.

I think I may also add a ported snout and a heat exchanger to the list also. I'm looking to spend about 3K or so on performance mods here pretty soon. Since I'm in Germany I'm really limited on exhaust options (can only probably get an axleback). I'm also not looking to swap cam/heads just yet. I know this really limits my options.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Where are you stationed? I spent 4.5 years at Ansbach and am hoping to go back this summer. What kind of mileage do you get at Autobahn speeds?

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
I just brought an 09 Thunder Grey too; manual tranny. The big sunroof is a waste, I don't like it. But the choices are limited when it comes to used V's.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you stationed? I spent 4.5 years at Ansbach and am hoping to go back this summer. What kind of mileage do you get at Autobahn speeds?
I'm stationed at Ramstein AB. I haven't had the V on the Autobahn at any decent speeds yet. I don't physically pick up the car until this Tues, once all the paperwork/transfer is done. But if it's anything like the mileage that my G8 gets it won't be pretty. At 150+ mph the G8 gets horrendous gas mileage on the Autobahn :)

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Welcome to the fold, thank you for your service, and I've got family in K-town right now.

The V gets horrendous gas mileage everywhere, worse than the G8, but that's not why we buy these cars. :thumbsup:

The 630 and 650 LPE kits well-regarded and have warranties, but neither will get you to 600 rwhp. Even so, those combinations (upper pulley/CAI/tune with or without injectors) are known to be reliable for our setups. Buy without fear. The 650 is the smarter option if you eventually plan more mods in the future because it comes with injectors. If you just want more poer and you won't go beyond stage 1, the 630 package (i.e. without injectors) you can get away with.

·
Registered
150 Posts
neuronbob said:
The V gets horrendous gas mileage everywhere, worse than the G8, but that's not why we buy these cars.
My question was looking to establish range at Autobahn speeds. When stationed in Germany one gets special prices for gas, but only on post or at Esso stations so range can be a significant planning consideration. My 05 Volvo S60R was a superb Autobahn machine. I could get around16 mpg at 120 mph cruise and it had the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
41 Posts
My question was looking to establish range at Autobahn speeds. When stationed in Germany one gets special prices for gas, but only on post or at Esso stations so range can be a significant planning consideration. My 05 Volvo S60R was a superb Autobahn machine. I could get around16 mpg at 120 mph cruise and it had the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced.
Interesting - I traded my 06 Volvo V70R (no mods) for my 2012 V Sedan (Airraid CAI) - SOO much more power and fun - but be ready when it gets cold, RWD vs AWD will take some adjustment. In the States, not Europe, so at 70 to 80 MPH best range on a tank of fuel that I have gotten is just about 300 miles. Agree on the Volvo seat - among the best. Would love to get the V on an autobahn with no limit, or better over to the Nurburgring, hopefully you get the chance.

·
Registered
708 Posts
When my wagon gets a little below half I gas it up. You might enjoy getting gas, that's when you get the most comments about the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts