Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Dallas Performance just morning and those guys are Awesome, a great bunch of guys. Chris, John and most importantly Taylor who tuned my car. My old numbers as of 22APR
base 433whp & 577lbs
end 594whp & 456lbs

Imediately putting her on the dyno he said she was knocking, injectors were at 120% and was a little lean which is what brought me in there to begin with. Thats after getting her "professionally" tuned at the shop that did the install. Now I think I should have gotten a "hey Ken" the injectors are maxing out that "I" suggested would be plenty enough for your setup. Nope didnt get that. Upon picking up my car from this shop, I was then told that the guy that he sold his dyno to, did my tune. I dont know this guys credentials, his name, his shop or anything, yet he is tunning my car that I Paid this shop to do. So I am already pissed. Now throw getting wrong injectors that he suggested as a builder and a car that was given to me with knock after the tune. Now I am a lost customer forever, becuase had I not went to another tuner, no telling what damaged I would have sustained under the impression that my car was good to go when my keys were handed to me.

Well after some awesome runs at Dallas Performance 28APR
base 596whp & 569lbs 2hp off from my last dyno
end 630whp & 568lbs

Car feels, runs and sounds great. I didnt get a chance to ask before I left, but with my current injectors maxing out, is there more HP to be had with bigger injectors?

Junkie414 , thanks for recommending this shop!

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again for reccomending them, that place is top notch. Only wish I had known about them before hand.

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
W4M 3 inch exhaust
W4M cat delete pipes
W4M 10" pulley
ERA intake w/ Green Filter
GT9 Cam
Patriot Gold 650 lift springs
Ported TB
Ported Snout
Ported Blower
60lbs injectors "bad idea"

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
With injectors I see you near 700rwhp & 600ftlbs of tq. Question is how lucky are you feeling ? Some people can really push their blocks and some pop 'em when nearing that 700rwhp mark. Not only that but than you'll need a better clutch after time also.

·
Registered
2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros
651 Posts
Great numbers... just curious, you and I have a similiar set-up except you have the cat delete but we both have 600+ with no headers.

Did the tuner mention anything about not having headers being a big restriction with a cam and 630rwhp?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Great numbers... just curious, you and I have a similiar set-up except you have the cat delete but we both have 600+ with no headers.

Did the tuner mention anything about not having headers being a big restriction with a cam and 630rwhp?
I made 650rwhp at 11.5psi of boost on a 9" pulley with cams/heads. Yea imho headers are a good thing.

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

They mentioned them but that was before starting the runs and finding out the duty cycle on the injectors being maxed out and then some. I know it will help with power and drop down boost a bit, but my car now is louder than a destruction car derby(which I like). I know adding headers the noise will just be insane. I'll replace the injectors and see where I'm at power wise, and later on this year maybe I'll throw some on.
I don't want to jump to high up in power, and adding headers to the mix of bigger injectors will have me prob at a regrettable HP (if that exist). I want to enjoy my car not worry everyday if today is the day she gives in.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
I will get the 850's if and when I start to get close to maxing out my 63's. Right now I am at 74% IDC with 643 RWHP and she's happy.

Nice power output BTW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts