Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago i Posted questions about a tranny diagnosis, since then we've replaced it with a new tranny. the car engaged smoothing, ran like normal for one day before the same symptoms started. stopped at a red light, when it turned green, the car would't move. turning the engine off and on cycles enough to get it moving, then dies again. towed it back to the mechanic, the fluid was a couple quarts low. he added more to level it out, then the car woudln't move at all regardless. they also used the wrong fluid. the correct fluid was used, and transmission filled again, according to the mechanic it ran fine again, then started teh same symptoms. wtf is going on?

I'm thinking he blew out my new transmission, and suing the guy is going to be like squeezing blood from a stone so how bad am I screwed here?

·
Registered
04 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the labor? nope. totally got screwed here, can't get phone calls returned, car is in my garage now. my parts guy mentioned maybe the tcm and he's sending me one out but i was told the mechanic was revving the ever living hell out of it when i was out of town after redoing the fluid. so idk if that'll burn it up or not. it was however giving me that trouble beforehand, the people fixing it just can't figure it out so pretty sure they're just giving up and i'm gonna have to take it elsewhere. i just don't know what else to check or how to proceed everyone here avoids cadillac's like the plague so i've been having trouble getting it fixed reasonably priced with the dealer being the only alternative that i'm trying to totally avoid.

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
Is this a regular shop? For issues like this never take your car except to a reputable and experienced trans shop.
Also where did the new trans come from? Is it a remanufactured unit?

So the transmission was replaced, what about the torque converter? Did a new one come with the trans?

And on what basis was the trans replaced. Idiot mechanics who throw parts at problems will always be in abundnace.
Mechanics that know how to properly diagnose issues are the ones you go to. If the mechanic can't tell me why the trans failed then
he can't tell me how he can fix it guranteed.

Also, if the TCM is the issue there would be some code that could be detected by a code scanner that would point back at the TCM.
But at this point with a new trans having been already thrown at it I guess a TCM is the least of your worries.

The mechanic didn't fix the problem, if he refuses to fix it, open a case with the Better Business Bureau, go on yellow pages website and blast the heck out of him, tell people how he's really like.

People usually check the BBB and yellow pages for a shop's reputation. Whenever a trans shop does a nice job on one of my cars they ask me to give them good feedback on yellow pages and such places and I do.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
Don't waste your time with the BBB. They won't do anything besides call him and tell him your complaints. Having a bad score with the BBB in most cases doesn't effect your business at all. Secondly, if his shop doesn't have a presence on social media then it's even harder to ruin his reputation. Google Reviews has closed down some pretty big local shops for being scumbags and ripping people off. It's also caused franchise/chain stores to close as well. You get better results there than you do with the BBB.

If you really want to teach them a lesson, your only option is to file suit. Mind you, you will spend more money in the long run doing this but if you can prove malfeasance on his part or his shop, not only will you be reimbursed the money you spent on the transmission and repairs but you'll also teach him a lesson to not **** people over and that you do the job right the first time, or don't do it at all and refer the customer to a shop that actually gives a shit.

However, I suggest you speak to him first, man to man before going through with a legal suit. If he can't see what he did was wrong, then sue him. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
Don't waste your time with the BBB. They won't do anything besides call him and tell him your complaints. Having a bad score with the BBB in most cases doesn't effect your business at all. Secondly, if his shop doesn't have a presence on social media then it's even harder to ruin his reputation. Google Reviews has closed down some pretty big local shops for being scumbags and ripping people off. It's also caused franchise/chain stores to close as well. You get better results there than you do with the BBB.

If you really want to teach them a lesson, your only option is to file suit. Mind you, you will spend more money in the long run doing this but if you can prove malfeasance on his part or his shop, not only will you be reimbursed the money you spent on the transmission and repairs but you'll also teach him a lesson to not **** people over and that you do the job right the first time, or don't do it at all and refer the customer to a shop that actually gives a shit.

However, I suggest you speak to him first, man to man before going through with a legal suit. If he can't see what he did was wrong, then sue him. Plain and simple.
You know court is a hopeless case unless you spend the bank on lawyers.

Most small businesses and shops care about their BBB score and rep and their online rep too, in this day and age most people don't trust shops which are poor in online rep.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
You know court is a hopeless case unless you spend the bank on lawyers.

Most small businesses and shops care about their BBB score and rep and their online rep too, in this day and age most people don't trust shops which are poor in online rep.
True but typically there's a 50/50 chance they either paid for those scores or obtained them legitimately. At the end of the day the BBB won't help you because all they care about is $$$. When you file a complaint with the BBB, all they do is take your complaint and notify the business.

The BBB has gotten in hot water numerous times all across the US for giving local shops A ratings on their website in return for money. So with that said, I don't trust anything the BBB says or does because if you have enough money, they'll give your shitty local business that rips customers off on a daily basis an A rating.

There is stuff on the BBB like this dating back to like 2008. So in other words the BBB hasn't been trustworthy for a long time.

Google reviews are more helpful than the BBB. Does that mean google reviews can't be faked?

No, you can easily find local shops with fake google reviews. Google lets you create up to 5 gmail (google) accounts from a single public IP address as a spam preventative. When leaving google reviews, there is a verification process.

So even if you create 5 google accounts and leave 5, 5 star reviews for your business, someone from google, not some algorithm, has to give the final ok on your review. If the algorithm sees all 5 reviews are from the same public IP address, it's pretty obvious at that point that they are fake and flags them.

My point is with google reviews, it's easy to spot fake reviews vs legitimate ones.

I agree with you on going to court however. The only way to win is if you pay your lawyer good money. It also helps if the lawyer is good at their job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts