Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

2000 DHS 2003 STS
2000 cadillac deville dhs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my name is tony im from Colorado i got 2 cadillacs im 30 years old i got a 2003 cadillac seville sts black on black on black only 90k on her and i got a 2000 cadillac Dhs gold half rag top and gold paint just hit 104k on her well i was recently driving my cadillac dhs today and after i went through stop sign it started losing power but drove me home which was 2 blocks away ( had to coast it home) now it wont start it cranks and wants to start did start for 1 second then shuts off and 7 codes popped up but no engine light came on or nothing seeing as this is a cadillac forum i figured id just ask what these codes are here instead of looking each of them up so if you can help with these codes that would be awesome lmk and ill put all 7 codes up thanks

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
So my name is tony im from Colorado i got 2 cadillacs im 30 years old i got a 2003 cadillac seville sts black on black on black only 90k on her and i got a 2000 cadillac Dhs gold half rag top and gold paint just hit 104k on her well i was recently driving my cadillac dhs today and after i went through stop sign it started losing power but drove me home which was 2 blocks away ( had to coast it home) now it wont start it cranks and wants to start did start for 1 second then shuts off and 7 codes popped up but no engine light came on or nothing seeing as this is a cadillac forum i figured id just ask what these codes are here instead of looking each of them up so if you can help with these codes that would be awesome lmk and ill put all 7 codes up thanks

Nobody knows all of the codes, especially when you don't post the ones you have.
Research the codes along with their definitions and post back with that information if you need further assistance.

Reactions: JRW

2000 DHS 2003 STS
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody knows all of the codes, especially when you don't post the ones you have.
Research the codes along with their definitions and post back with that information if you need further assistance.
IPM B 0249
MSM B 1860
PCM P 0300 AND P 0463
RIM C 0658
VTD B 1009 AND B 2734

IPM B 0249
MSM B 1860
PCM P 0300 AND P 0463
RIM C 0658
VTD B 1009 AND B 2734
I know 2 of them have to do with the vents and one has to do with my left side airshock keeps going down not working like the left side the newest ones are the vtd and the rim those popped up yesterday and when i start my car for the last month its been saying security or something so i turn car off and restart it and it goes away and it was driving perfect right before i parked it went into my brothers came back out 20 mins later started it drove about 2 miles and it started losing power then died and wouldnt start back up

It seems to me like it aint getting no fuel my guess is something with the fuel pump fuel filter or the key i mean the key is 20 years old

O yea not one check engine light or anything popped up no codes i had to go into the code reader and see what codes it had

Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
Welcome Aboard !!! What is wrong with the colors in your pictures?

Please bookmark and use the below link to post codes and their definitions. We haven't memorized all 4,000 or so OBD-II codes yet !

There are no "O" letters in codes. It's a 0. If you use the car's onboard scanner to read out codes, each is followed by either a C or an H. They are important as they tell us whether the fault is Current or has gone away to History.

2000 DHS 2003 STS
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Aboard !!! What is wrong with the colors in your pictures?

Please bookmark and use the below link to post codes and their definitions. We haven't memorized all 4,000 or so OBD-II codes yet !

There are no "O" letters in codes. It's a 0. If you use the car's onboard scanner to read out codes, each is followed by either a C or an H. They are important as they tell us whether the fault is Current or has gone away to History.
Good to know but my cadillac dont have H that follows even know its history

2000 DHS 2003 STS
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check your fuel pressure. Sounds like the fuel pump may be shot.

Always post the code definitions with the codes. As Long said, no one has them all memorized.

Oops, Sub beat me to it.

P.S.
I'm moving this thread to the Deville forum.
Why would i do that ? If i was gonna post the definition with the code that would kinda be dumb because if i know the code and definition i know what it is so why would i post and ask if i knew what it was lol okay people just by looking at the code i can tell you its the fuel pump sensor thank you guys i just replaced the whole fuel pump and sensor plus fuel filter it started right up #Common sence

Administrator
Please read Posts 4 and 5 again. YOU posted here so WE could help you. WE need to know what's wrong with YOUR car and WE don't have a crystal ball. The codes and definitions are the diagnostic keys.

If you knew what was wrong then why did you post in the first place?

C'mon, dude. You came to a forum for help and people tried.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
Why would i do that ? If i was gonna post the definition with the code that would kinda be dumb because if i know the code and definition i know what it is so why would i post and ask if i knew what it was lol okay people just by looking at the code i can tell you its the fuel pump sensor thank you guys i just replaced the whole fuel pump and sensor plus fuel filter it started right up #Common sence
Tony, you have some very experienced people trying to help you, for free. It would help them to help you if you heeded their advice.

Registered
Something German S550, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest, well
Punctuation and spelling also helps a lot. Asks what the codes are because he doesn't want to look them up.

Last time a woman asked me to open the door because she just didn't want to.....let's just say it didn't happen.

Administrator
Let's try to help the OP - he's new to CF and, apparently, to open forums.

Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
Any DTCs that start with a P means the Powertrain/engine
Two DTCs

1. the P0300 means multi misfires, that could though have been caused by the second DTC
2. P0463 is a fuel system problem

Be low on fuel ?
Maybe due to E10/E15 gas the sender in tank is wacko and lying to fuel gauge on dash and really is
low gas level

Could be the fuel pump or regulator, clogged fuel filter, etc

Get, borrow or steal a fuel pressure gauge tool, hook up to test valve on fuel rail
and see what the PSI is when key on, engine off
then try and crank engine and see what the PSI then is

Clear the DTCs and then see if they come right back or not and report back

Super Moderator
2010 DTS
okay people just by looking at the code i can tell you its the fuel pump sensor
Wrong. There is no "Fuel Pump" sensor.
P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage
This would affect your fuel gauge, nothing more.

Why would i do that ? If i was gonna post the definition with the code that would kinda be dumb because if i know the code and definition i know what it is so why would i post and ask if i knew what it was lol
We ask you to post the code definitions so we don't have to look up your codes. It's simply a courtesy to helps us help you.

i went through stop sign it started losing power but drove me home which was 2 blocks away ( had to coast it home) now it wont start it cranks and wants to start did start for 1 second then shuts of
Sounds a lot like a failed fuel pump. As ZR-1 mentioned, check your fuel pressure. The fuel pump is not monitored and will not trip the MIL or set a DTC.

Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
============================
Why would i do that ?
If i was gonna post the definition with the code that would kinda be dumb
because if i know the code and definition i know what it is so why would i post and ask if i knew what it was

I'll be gentle -
the REASON we ask for the proper/full codes - and also ask that you include the code DEFINITIONS
is that there are way too many codes to memorize -
some of us MIGHT remember the codes wrong -
and EVERYONE interested in trying to help YOU fix YOUR car would have to stop -
go to the site with the definitions -
look up the definitions -
THEN post their potential solution -

OR -

simply BYPASS your post completely -

if YOU can't be bothered with looking up the code DEFINITIONS and posting them -
maybe WE can't be bothered either -

SO - if you want OUR help fixing YOUR car - you'll do as we ask -

if YOU don't care - I don't care either -
I get PAID the same amount whether YOUR car gets fixed or not -

care to start over?

Registered
2000 Deville DHS
And adding a filter to your pictures doesn鈥檛 make your car look better, it just makes you look like a tryhard. Lol.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
he hasn't been back since post #7. he probably isn't accustomed to an open forum where opinions get challenged, so let's ease up and see what's next from the OP.

Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
Tony.
This entire thing make me laugh my ass off!
Your original post was in excess of 120 words.
That is way more than "2003 Cadillac Seville codes"
Entering those 4 words into a Google search box would have resulted in a page that has everything you needed answered as the very first result.
Way to go!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.