Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS Luxury Black/Black
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, and to the CTS family. (THANK GOD THIS IS HERE)
I have a question. i have a 2004 3.6 lux and there seems to be a major lacking in power if i floor it doing anywhere form 65-75, and that is with (S) shifting on. Theres just no grunt like i would expect. My last car was a GTP so im probably used to a bit more upper-end grunt than a naturally aspirated car but this is just... dissappointing. Also there seems to be a fiarly loud whine comming from the rear end at lower speeds as well. The car only has 35k miles on it and is under warranty untill next june so i need to get any warranty issues taken care of before then. (like the rubber coating already peeling from the HVAC controlls and steering wheel.)

On a lighter note, anyone around the St. Louis area wanna tackle a factory NAV and XM upgrade project? Im fairly techinical but i figure id be a fun saturday project.

HID upgrads is another project, that which i have no clue on which kit to buy, or try and install the factory HID system with teh washer's ect ect.

Any info is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum! Definitely have the rear-end whine checked before your warranty expires. I don't have any input on the lack of power; I have the 3.6 and it has plenty of pep.

Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was made in June of 04 what all Diagnostics can onstar actually do?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So when its activated...... what do i say? "run a complete systems check" sounds soo...... Star Trek

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
BTW how do i post pics?
You have to have your photos hosted on a server somewhere. You can get a free account at www.photobucket.com. After you upload your photos to photobucket, just click on the IMG code box under the photo on photobucket. This copies the necessary code to your clipboard. Then just paste that into your post.

:cheers:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok i activated Onstar and they politely informed me i had an Analog system and it was gonna cost approximately 300+ to get it converted to Digital, or i wouldnt have ANY services anymore. I thought this only effected the phone aspect... Is this correct? or does anyone know exactly how much a dealer will charge to do this including parts?

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
There are several posts/threads about the OnStar upgrade. It's only about $15 for the dealer but you must pay a year OnStar subscription or something... Anyhow, search the board and you'll find answers from EWill3rd at Lindsay Cadillac. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts