Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Cadillac Deville Concourse
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
===================
FE3 refers to stiffer springs and larger sway bars than the base model Deville -

F45 refers to the electronic struts and shocks -

you're going to cry when you find out how much replacement struts and shocks cost -
IF you can even find any -
So assume this is standard on Concours models? Is there any good parts reference sites I can source parts from?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
Is this where I can post a pic. of my Caddy?
No sense posting your pics in a hijacked thread. Use the sticky thread "Post a pic .........." up at the top of this main forum threads page. Stickies, timeless info for all, are marked with a push pin.

Olivebaby, use RockAuto for a basic parts source. Part numbers and diagrams can be found in the correct sections of www.gmpartsgiant.com .

Yes, the Concours series was a steppingstone from the base - DHS to the performance DTS. (The Deville model line was dropped at the end of the 2005 model year (06/2005) and the later "DTS" is NOT a Deville.)

FE1 is the whole story - soft springs, passive suspension. FE3/F45 is another story - performance springs, active suspension - CVRSS - Constantly Variable Road Sensing Suspension.

I would look at Arnott remanufactured parts with great caution.

If you drive the car as it was designed to be driven - hard and fast, then stick with the active suspension. If it's a gofer daily driver then basscatt can recommend dirt cheap Monroe replacement struts/shocks/springs and the correct parts to fool the existing suspension control system - otherwise you get a speed limiter set and suspension codes.

·
Registered
99 Cadillac Deville Concourse
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No sense posting your pics in a hijacked thread. Use the sticky thread "Post a pic .........." up at the top of this main forum threads page. Stickies, timeless info for all, are marked with a push pin.

Olivebaby, use RockAuto for a basic parts source. Part numbers and diagrams can be found in the correct sections of www.gmpartsgiant.com .

Yes, the Concours series was a steppingstone from the base - DHS to the performance DTS. (The Deville model line was dropped at the end of the 2005 model year (06/2005) and the later "DTS" is NOT a Deville.)

FE1 is the whole story - soft springs, passive suspension. FE3/F45 is another story - performance springs, active suspension - CVRSS - Constantly Variable Road Sensing Suspension.

I would look at Arnott remanufactured parts with great caution.

If you drive the car as it was designed to be driven - hard and fast, then stick with the active suspension. If it's a gofer daily driver then basscatt can recommend dirt cheap Monroe replacement struts/shocks/springs and the correct parts to fool the existing suspension control system - otherwise you get a speed limiter set and suspension codes.
Thank you very much! Appreciate it

21 - 24 of 24 Posts