Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1975 ELDORADO CONVERTIBLE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 eldorado that i purchased back in 1990 when it was still in great condition.

However; 25 years + 4 kids + divorce (i gave the ex 2 houses and i kept the car), re-married (happily) & running a business later, as you can imagine, it is time to restore
the car, which is red paint with white seats, red carpets.

Unfortunately, i have let the car sit for several years, during which time, mice got inside and chewed up the wiring on the engine, plus rain got inside the car and trunk
through a leaking drain apron, so need to replace the rusted and holed floors in sections.

I am therefore conducting a substantial restoration and have pulled out all seats, door panels, carpets, etc.

I can find most parts from the usual places (usa parts, opgi, cadillacs only, etc.), but a few are, as you know, rather hard to find.

I purchased the 1974 / 1975 cadillac shop & fisher boy service manuals on cd (bishko automotive literature), which is great because you can print up the pages, plus
enlarge when required, which are very informative.

I need a (red) steering wheel, both top & lower (red) dash and the (red) driver sun visor & passenger vanity mirror/sun visor.

I have the threads over the years and found the posts to be very helpful and appreciated the camaraderie among cadillac owners.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts