Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just became a new owner of a 99 Deville D'Elegante in Jan of this year but was only a proud owner for 12 days due to someone making a blind left hand turn directly in my path of travel. Needless to say that car was totaled. It was also my upgrade from a Buick Century (89) that was also totaled due to a left hand turner 2 weeks prior, that ended up getting my wife a Flight For Life trip to a hospital up by Denver, CO for emergency surgery on her broken neck. I thank the higher powers that be for her recovery in that she has only received a scar on the back of her neck from the surgery and has not been paralysed or killed from it. Anyhow, my Buick replacement/upgrade was smashed and 4 days later I had a check from the insurance co. so now once again I am a proud owner of an 02 Deville 4 dr. coupe. Being the power hungry soul that I am I now am seeking for ways to pump her up. Any knowledge of laptop software for power tuning is what I'm after. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
There are zero performance upgrades in reality to be had for these I'm sorry to tell you.
Drive it and enjoy it and welcome.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! :highfive:

There is no such thing as a laptop tuning program for our FWD late Northstar cars. Matter of fact, there is literally NO aftermarket support for "speed parts" or "tuning" or HP increases for a late Cadillac Northstar FWD automobile powertrain.

We're all stuck in the same boat.

Your car has the 275 hp 3.11:1 economy final drive.......... and that's IT.

Fill it with 87 octane Top Tier gasoline, keep it clean, maintained and polished and enjoy the Cadillac. Use it to tow the tricked out '68 Camaro to the track. Study the sticky posts in the Engines, Northstar threads forum as well as the entire Cadillac Technical Archive way up ^^^ in the top black bar.

Henceforth, please post Deville questions in Deville, Northstar problems in Northstar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts