Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
I am curious how you blacked out the chrome window trim and the chrome strip on the trunk. I had my window trim on my BMW wrapped in vinyl and it came out great, but it was too pricey IMHO. I am thinking about blacking out most of the chrome on my coupe.

Shakey

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,724 Posts
YOU STOLE MY STYLE!!! LOL :highfive: I'm loving it. (except the black rims). I'm digging the black down the middle. We're not allow blackouts in PA.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
It's been five days since the OP. Thanks for coming back to the thread you started to answer questions.........:bigroll:

Shakey

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
23 Posts
Just saw this thread today after I posted a pic of our white '11 coupe which I Plasti-dipped the grill black yesterday. I am loving most of the black out look on his car! Wondering what he did to get the grill that way, or if you can actually buy the black grill like that? Here is a pic of what I just did. Thinking about removing the black from just the crest only. What do you think? Thanks!.
Before-After small.JPG Before-After2 smaller.JPG

·
Registered
COUPE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate that !!
Best looking Diamond White Coupe I've seen yet and I own a Diamond White Coupe. I love what you did with the Tail lights and Headlights! Outstanding!
----------

Sorry I'm a busy man lol your a very negative person relax
It's been five days since the OP. Thanks for coming back to the thread you started to answer questions.........:bigroll:

Shakey

·
Registered
COUPE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything was painted i was told they used a special primer to works well with plastics..But its currently in the body shop getting some touch up done to it. Still had some small chips occur in the past 3.5 years

----------

Thanks man.. You have a pic of yours I can see?

----------

Yes i can there currently getting re powder coated so i should be next week.. But in the mean time.. There 21" 360 forged Concave Mesh Wheels 3 Piece

----------

Not really sure exactly the process my guy used on the grill but it was painted and I don't believe you can buy it that way these cars really don't have much to offer when it comes to appearance parts… I saw a mesh aftermarket grill on ebay all black that I'm really digging and might get little pricey ($700). But I gotta stop throwing money at this car already lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts