Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and want to say HI. I just picked up this 2012 ESV with just 15,000 miles. The wheels are interesting. Did Cadillac offer a black 22'' wheel in 2012?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. The wheels never came in black. I can't tell from the picture you posted, but if they look identical to OEM wheels, then they are either painted (powder-coat or plasti-dip) or just a replica black rim. Never seen replica black though. Good looking truck!

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
People sell lack Cadillac rims after getting them painted so yes they probably are original they were just painted at a shop

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Would be nice if its plasti dip. Just peel off the black to see chrome

·
Registered
167 Posts
I, not sure what it is people can do all sorts of things haha I've seen Cadillac rims black for sale on eBay idk how they do it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info on the wheels. They definitely give it a different look. I wonder how much a factory set of chrome 22'' wheels would cost? Has anyone bought any lately?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Expensive haha but nah it looks very sharp black on white ... Looking mean and fresh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wheels are powder coated for sure. The previous owner must have switched them out. I know it came with 22'' chrome wheels from the factory because I have the original window sticker.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Get some newer 2015 Caddy rims off EBay for that truck. The new styles look much better.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Get some newer 2015 Caddy rims off EBay for that truck. The new styles look much better.
Best of luck with your new truck. :)

Just saw a 2015 platinum with 2014 platinum wheels, looked great, of course I would say that we put the wheels on. ;)

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
Hi,

How do you like your ESV? I will be purchasing a 2010-12 platinum, but unsure if i want the ESV or the standard size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,

How do you like your ESV? I will be purchasing a 2010-12 platinum, but unsure if i want the ESV or the standard size.
We really like it. We looked at the standard Escalade and they are great also. The deciding factor for us was the amount of extra cargo room in the back. It is a little harder to park than the standard, but we have got used to it. You will love a Platinum they are beautiful.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
We really like it. We looked at the standard Escalade and they are great also. The deciding factor for us was the amount of extra cargo room in the back. It is a little harder to park than the standard, but we have got used to it. You will love a Platinum they are beautiful.
Agreed completely! We have two 2013 Platinums, one ESV and one short box. Love them both but the ESV definitely has more usable cargo space when all seats are in. Trips to the cottage with luggage, coolers, 2 dogs in crates, kids etc... are much easier in the ESV. As for driving and parking, you get used to the added length very quickly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
Agreed completely! We have two 2013 Platinums, one ESV and one short box. Love them both but the ESV definitely has more usable cargo space when all seats are in. Trips to the cottage with luggage, coolers, 2 dogs in crates, kids etc... are much easier in the ESV. As for driving and parking, you get used to the added length very quickly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I might end up pulling the trigger on an ESV myself by august/sept to get ready for the holidays, but won't be parallel park in the city anytime soon

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
3rd row seats are useless on long drives. Your knees are level with your chin. ESV has a way better seating position for rear passengers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Agreed I'm selling my 2007 esky because of that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts