Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
YAY!!!
Isn't it great to save a ton of cash!! It was the greatest feeling when I finally got the last warning light off on the dash.
I don't think the airbag modules are VIN coded so a direct drop in would work. Here is a link to a module repair place: $49 SRS Airbag Module Reset Service After Accident
I’ve saved a ton of money so far. Once the airbag light is gone I could likely repost for 4g more than I paid for it originally so it’s all well worth it.

Trying to find out more info on the airbag module. Not much info online - I checked into that service you referred to but they only deal with resets, not with modules that can’t be read in the first place.

Brake light switch helped out with cruise control - honestly think the other one was fine, but as is, $12 is not a big deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh - and service park assist. My utmost drivers side sensor is dead.

Watched some YouTube videos -turned the truck on to accessory only. Put it in reverse and video taped each sensor. 3/4 can be heard on the video playback.. just the one is dead. $40 and that light will be gone.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade ESV
28 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum. It has been an interesting read and as a long time Chevy guy I have experienced a lot of your pain in dealing with your new ride. I also have the Magnetic ride and had to replace one rear shock a year ago after it blew up and threw ugly metal impregnated oil all over everything. I replaced with a factory shock off of Amazon for $250 and am good to go. In regards to the fronts and the other rear shock, I have 357000 K on the rest of the originals so I cannot complain about them not being durable. Good luck on the rest of your repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Glad I picked it up. Had some buyers remorse once all these lights popped up, but I really do enjoy the vehicle.

Once I replace the interior door handles (Knife like chrome), get the one reverse sensor fixed, new suspension and some basic touchups on the paint I'll be really happy. Basically a new vehicle. On that note, GM paint jobs are garbage.

Lost a wheel cap while driving it recently. Found two 18" wheels, both with TPMS and wheel caps for $40. Picked them up - essentially bought 1 wheel cap and got 2 wheels/tires, tpms sensors and a 2nd wheel cap for free.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
365 Posts
Glad I picked it up. Had some buyers remorse once all these lights popped up, but I really do enjoy the vehicle.
I already had all my lights on when I bought it but about a month into repairs I was really questioning my decision. My wife even asked me if I regretted buying it. When I got the new tires installed and it rode like a dream it made all the hard work worth it. Still some stuff I want to/ need to do but I love driving it since it rides so good now. Glad everything is working out for you!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts