Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2010 Escalade, 134,000 km on the clock (83k miles) and overall it's in great body shape but it also looks like I've picked up someone else's problem. Right after I bought it a number of service lights came on..

Service Stabilitrak
Service Air Bag
Service Tire Monitor System
Service Parking Assist
Service Suspension System
Service Traction Control
ABS Light
Check Engine (P0449, Evap - hopefully just a gas cap)

He did say that 1. There are no TPMS sensors (Not a big deal) 2. They just replaced the rear shocks 3. The ABS sensor in the rear passenger needs to be replaced.

Wonderful knowing after the fact - bringing it to a GM dealership tomorrow. My question is, are these lights something that just need to be reset after a servicing? Or do they only go away when they feel the problem has been remedied?

Blows my mind that they would ALL come on. Unless theirs more that I don't even know about.

Lowest KM on an Escalade in the area, at least half the others, for the same price. Figured out why pretty quickly.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine lit up like a Christmas tree when the throttle body went out.. seriously. Wasn't a big deal but it sure scared me to death. Happened on the interstate at 10pm in the middle of Nowhere Illinois @ 90k

Just have them check the codes it might not be as bad as you may be thinking right now.

Invest in a good code scanner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
365 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!
When I had a tire low on pressure the Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control both came on. One fault can turn on more than one light. Luck that most of my problems so far were easy fixes. The dealer will be able to fix them quick but your going to pay. Before you take it to the dealer run it by a place and have them clear the codes. My Service Suspension System light was on because the little arm going to the sensor had popped off. If your handy a good scanner is a must.

I got a set of TPMS sensors off of Amazon for 31 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/ROADFAR-Programmed-Pressure-Monitoring-Cadillac/dp/B07JPLBCJP/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Cadillac|46&Model=Escalade ESV|23452&Year=2007|2007&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=18&vehicleType=automotive. So far they work perfectly and way less than Ac Delco replacements.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the laundry list of issues, and a few questions for you guys,

1. All 4 shocks needs to replaced. They replaced them with the incorrect parts which is why a majority of the lights are on according to the tech.

- What is a good option for air ride / magna ride shocks that won't break the bank?

2. Evap vent solenoid valve needs to be replaced

3. Stop light switch needs to be removed and replaced - I've seen a number of articles on this, seems pretty straight forward. Any recommendations on parts?

4. Both rear wheel speed/abs sensors need to be removed and replaced

5. Air bag module needs to be replaced, the sensing and diagnositc module

6. Throttle control motor needs to be replaced

Grand total... $3400 + all the air shocks.

Planning on just ordering all these parts off of RockAuto. But any recommendations for any of this laundry list, personal experiences?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here's the laundry list of issues, and a few questions for you guys,

1. All 4 shocks needs to replaced. Your going to get differing answers.

- What is a good option for air ride / magna ride shocks that won't break the bank?

2. Evap vent solenoid valve - Parts store

3. Stop light switch -Parts store

4. Both rear wheel speed/abs sensors need to be removed and replaced- Parts store

5. Air bag module needs to be replaced, the sensing and diagnositc module- SRS Airbag Module Reset Service

6. Throttle body- AMAZON-$45.00 bucks Amazon.com: Cardone 67-3008 Throttle Body Assembly: Automotive

Grand total... $3400 + all the air shocks.

Planning on just ordering all these parts off of RockAuto. But any recommendations for any of this laundry list, personal experiences?

1. I had good luck so far with the cheap replacement rear shocks on Amazon. Going stock with the front to keep from getting any suspension lights. I put these on the back and they work great: Amazon.com: Rear Air Shock Set w/Compressor For Chevy Tahoe Suburban Avalanche GMC Yukon Cadillac Escalade Z55 Autoride 2000-2014 - BuyAutoParts 75-854853A New: Automotive
2. Parts store
3.Parts store
4. Rockauto or Parts store
5. SRS Airbag Module Reset Service
6. AMAZON-$45.00 bucks Amazon.com: Cardone 67-3008 Throttle Body Assembly: Automotive

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
I was getting "service suspension" and "Stabil-Trak" and it was due to a bad steering wheel sensor.

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8 1SF Magneride HUD/ACC, 2008 Escalade ESV 1SZ Y91 Luxury Edition
1,420 Posts
I had to replace brake light switch to get cruise working. AMAZON 12 bucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the input so far. Just got off RockAuto and ordered in a new evap vent, brake switch, throttle body and ABS sensors. $400 shipped - should take care of a lot of the issues Still need to deal with the TPMS and the shocks.

It has the Z95 Magnaride suspension - but the previous owner replaced all the shocks with basic air shocks so my Service Air Suspension warning is on.

Is there a difference between Z95 and Z55 as I move forward?

1. Is there a simple bypass I can get to get rid of the Service Suspension light?
  2. Thinking of converting it. Arnott C-3184, anyone use it? Like it?
  3. Just keeping it stock and replacing all the shocks back to Magnaride - but then I hear it wasn't that good to begin with
Truck is used as a daily driver with occasional towing of a loaded car trailer. I essentially want a comfortable caddy ride, ability to keep self level with the airbags in the rear and not have any service lights.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8 1SF Magneride HUD/ACC, 2008 Escalade ESV 1SZ Y91 Luxury Edition
1,420 Posts
Z55 is the base electronic shock "Autoride" suspension. Z95 is magnetic shocks, formerly known as Magneride.

No one on the DeVille forums likes Arnott, but maybe Lade owners have had better results? I would stick to factory.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I used these TPMS sensors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JPLBCJP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I installed them and they linked up the first time with no problems. About a month and a half so far and no issues.

I used these for the rear shocks:Amazon.com: Rear Air Shock Set w/Compressor For Chevy Tahoe Suburban Avalanche GMC Yukon Cadillac Escalade Z55 Autoride 2000-2014 - BuyAutoParts 75-854853A New: Automotive. It says they won't fit but they were plug and play on my 07 with Z95 suspension. They have the sensor built in at the top so no rigging of the wiring for the suspension light.

I think you will get differing opinions on the Arnott conversion. I heard the front factory magnetic shocks are superior in ride quality when new but wear out at 40 to 50 thousand and then the ride starts to get rough. Arnotts are a viable alternative but I hear that they don't give quite the same smooth ride as the factory shocks. I was thinking of doing the conversion on the front but I decided that I am going back with factory shocks myself because, Ours is not going to be a daily driver and I want that smooth caddy ride. I also don't want to hack into the factory wiring harness or have those big resistors bolted around inside my engine compartment.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
I used these TPMS sensors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JPLBCJP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I installed them and they linked up the first time with no problems. About a month and a half so far and no issues.

I used these for the rear shocks:Amazon.com: Rear Air Shock Set w/Compressor For Chevy Tahoe Suburban Avalanche GMC Yukon Cadillac Escalade Z55 Autoride 2000-2014 - BuyAutoParts 75-854853A New: Automotive. It says they won't fit but they were plug and play on my 07 with Z95 suspension. They have the sensor built in at the top so no rigging of the wiring for the suspension light.

I think you will get differing opinions on the Arnott conversion. I heard the front factory magnetic shocks are superior in ride quality when new but wear out at 40 to 50 thousand and then the ride starts to get rough. Arnotts are a viable alternative but I hear that they don't give quite the same smooth ride as the factory shocks. I was thinking of doing the conversion on the front but I decided that I am going back with factory shocks myself because, Ours is not going to be a daily driver and I want that smooth caddy ride. I also don't want to hack into the factory wiring harness or have those big resistors bolted around inside my engine compartment.
DAYUM the price is right on those TPMS sensors. Holy inexpensive batman!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting, I've heard from a few guys that the Magneride is rough in comparison. At this point I don't know if I've ever truly experienced it.

Diving further into the whole airbag ordeal, I found the SDS airbag module. The GM tech stated no communication with the module, suggested it needed to be replaced and reprogrammed. Quoted $835 to purchase the unit ($535) and the rest labour to replace it. I disconnected the battery, unplugged it, cleaned the contacts and plugged them back in. Started up the vehicle but alas, still have the warning lights.

Found the module online (Rockauto) again for $500. 13576628 is the code - the current one in my truck is the 13500674 but the 6628 apparently replaced it in Canada after 2009.

Question is, can I simply buy this unit and replace it or is there any actual programming that needs to be done after it's plugged in? Maybe this is one I should just leave to the dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My bigger issue is that there's not even communication to the SDS - it may be perfectly fine and not need a reset but rather a new module

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Service Stabilitrak
Service Air Bag
Service Tire Monitor System
Service Parking Assist
Service Suspension System
Service Traction Control
ABS Light
Check Engine (P0449, Evap - hopefully just a gas cap)

An update on this..

1. Replaced the Brake light switch for $12, quoted $200. 15 minute install.
2. Replaced both rear speed sensors for $120, quoted $575 PITA and I don't want to talk about it. But it's done.
3. Replaced the Evap canister for $48, quoted $408

#1 got cruise control back.
#2 took care of Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control and the ABS light
#3 took care of the check engine light.

Learning experience for anyone in the future that reads through this.

a) The rear abs sensors are TIGHT. After trying to get them out they BOTH broke. I ended up drilling a small hole in the middle and putting a screw in it. When that didn't work, I drilled small holes around the edge to lessen the overall material. They came out after this. A torch would be a good idea to hit the metal with I think if I did this again - which I hope to god I do not.

b) Even after doing the rear ABS sensors I was able to see on my code reader that they were now measuring speed. However after a short drive it tossed a new code - C0161. I noticed that my shifter was hard to put into drive unless I REALLY hit the brake. Sure enough I had to adjust the newly installed speed sensor so that when I just touched it the brake lights turned on.

Learn from my mistakes and hopefully this makes it easier for someone in the future.

I still have..

Service Airbags - Code readers (GM included) do not see any airbag module, it's either dead or there's a bad connection. I've found a few Escalades being parted out - installed at the dealership is $850. The module is $500 and easy to get to. I've cleaned the contacts but still nothing. I'm curious if I can just buy a new one and plug it in, or if it needs to be programmed.

Service Park Assist - Not sure at the moment, this is the next one I want to tackle.

Service Tire Monitor System (Will be fixed once I get TPMS / new wheels)
Service Suspension (Will be fixed once I go back to the Z95 shocks)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hard to get truck into drive is brake light switch. Check and see how much effort is needed to get brake lights to come on.

When my brake switch went out last month it locked the vehicle in park. Brake lights were zilch. Interrupting the brake light circuit cuts power to the shifter interlock and messes w/ cruise too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2007 Escalade
2007 Escalade AWD
205 Posts
So what issue did the brake light switch solve?
I ordered one like a year ago and forgot why. Now its in the spare parts tub in the garage.
I'll install it if it'll help clear a code or two.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts