Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV Platimun
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying HELLO! I just bought my wife what I believe is a decent condition 2004 Escalade ESV Platinum. While this is our first ever Cadillac it is not our first GM product. Most things GM I can handle without a thought but even my GM manuals have little to nothing on some of the systems in this truck. I have big plans for the truck, eventually the stock INR is coming out and quite possibly the Bose LUX amp depending on if I can fix the INR. I am still deciding on how I want the RSE to be when I am done. I may either replace or modify both screens, and remove the factory DVD for a media player. Right now I have a few issues and maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Drivers seat at first did not move at all (it moved during the test drive). I checked the DIY sticky and found the connector problem. For now it works. I plan to remove and solder the terminals so they make better connection. I will take pictures of the fix if anyone is interested.

The seat cushion front control up moves it down, and vice verse. In 2 hours of searching I could not find anyone who has had that happen. Anyone have a clue whats going on or can tell me what to search for to find the answer?

The passenger seat will not heat. Gmtruckclub.com has a decent writeup, but it sounds like if the heat pad is shot the lights will not light. My controls light up. The drivers rear is the same. We have not tried the cooled seats and since its 24 out it wouldn't matter much at the moment anyway.

One of the cupholders will not go into heat mode. both will cool, and the passenger one will heat. Has anyone had luck rebuilding the heat unit in the cupholder?

None of the buttons on the INR nav unit work. I plan to replace it, but at the moment it is very annoying. Has anyone rebuilt one of these and is there any reason to or should i just replace it?

I have a C0750 and a tire monitor message on the display. Am I correct I need to change the drivers front TPMS transmitter?

Does anyone with electronics knowledge know if I supply 5V to the rear DVD displays will they power on without the DVD player present? I am really thinking about DE-GMing the entire entertainment system for aftermarket amp, headunit, and modified DVD screens.
Right now the DVD player does not eject. I can get it fixed, but i will probably attempt to fix it myself.

I am still searching and if I find an answer I will post it, but I have not found what I am looking for yet.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Bud I have a gm service manual for these trucks

Now the lux amp is pretty darn good when you ditch the Bose speakers and sub(removing the amp means no chimes)shoot me a pm with your email and I will let you hear mine(the clip doesn't do my sub justice though)

The non touch nav unit sucks compared to the touch screen version(I know I have the touch screen model and love it) much better audio quality

The tmps code could be due to low battery in the sensor(replace the sensor)

I can help on the rear seat DVD player (though I don't see why you want a aftermarket unit when all you need is a replacement dvd drive which can be got cheap at a junk yard)

If you have any more questions fire away I am sure I can help answer them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts