Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Catera Sport
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently picked up a 2000 Catera sport or so I think it is. It has all the signs of being a sport model, wheels, spoiler, sport recaro front seats, all the interior sport trim (brushed-silver aluminum)except the instrument cluster, even has the sports package RPO code (TV5). But just doesn't have the silver trimmed cluster. Very confused. Will upload pictures in a little bit.

[/URL]
The car has nothing done to it so didn't take exterior shots. We all know what a 2000 looks like but it's the interior that has me puzzled with it missing the last sport trim piece n cluster. Any ideas.?

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
429 Posts
Recently picked up a 2000 Catera sport or so I think it is. It has all the signs of being a sport model, wheels, spoiler, sport recaro front seats, all the interior sport trim (brushed-silver aluminum)except the instrument cluster, even has the sports package RPO code (TV5). But just doesn't have the silver trimmed cluster. Very confused. Will upload pictures in a little bit.

[/URL]
The car has nothing done to it so didn't take exterior shots. We all know what a 2000 looks like but it's the interior that has me puzzled with it missing the last sport trim piece n cluster. Any ideas.?
how many miles on it ???????????
look like it's mine :) I trade in mine in November for 2014 BMW.
my cluster was replaced to black and sport seats to non sport

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many miles on it ???????????
look like it's mine :) I trade in mine in November for 2014 BMW.
my cluster was replaced to black and sport seats to non sport
It just turned over 150,000 kms so just under 95000miles. These recaro sport seats are amazingly comfortable compared to original non sport recaro in my 98. I'm starting to think this one might have been changed too like you had to do. A sport cluster will be damn near impossible to find to put in.

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Sure way to ID a Sport is if it has HID headlights. The dash may have been replaced. Not uncommon. If there is faux wood trim it's not a Sport. Wheels & Wing might be add-ons but HIDs aren't likely.

Read more at cateraowners.forumotion general info.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure way to ID a Sport is if it has HID headlights. The dash may have been replaced. Not uncommon. If there is faux wood trim it's not a Sport. Wheels & Wing might be add-ons but HIDs aren't likely.

Read more at cateraowners.forumotion general info.
Hey Elvin hows it going? . Ya the car has the HID headlight system, that was one of things I noticed when I went to look at it for the first time. Had the car running for me when I got there and the drivers light was amazingly bright so after I bought it I went to look at the passenger bulb and haven't even figured out how to get burnt bulb out of the housing yet. It's been so cold that without a garage to heat up I can't last outside with no gloves trying to fiddle with it and not wanting to break anything in the process I don't get very far. Found the thread on here for hid bulb replacement yesterday just have to get time when I'm not working n it's not so cold. The interior has no faux wood trim all brushed-silver aluminum trim just wish had the final piece to complete it. Ya the wheels & wing are separate from sport package as there were RPO codes for the wheels & wing as well as sport package.

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
It's been so cold that without a garage to heat up I can't last outside with no gloves trying to fiddle with it and not wanting to break anything in the process I don't get very far.
I know what you mean. It's colder than a witch's boobie in Upstate NY too. I had to change the driver side HID a while back. Luckily it was November and not this cold yet. I had to twist my wrist at angles God never meant you to but I got it changed and didn't break anything.

Ya the wheels & wing are separate from sport package as there were RPO codes for the wheels & wing as well as sport package.
Didn't know that.

My Cat is off the road for now. Not my choice. Buried under a ton of snow that's turned to ice. I'm afraid of hacking away at the ice and hitting her. I hope she's alright.

Stay warm my friend.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know what you mean. It's colder than a witch's boobie in Upstate NY too. I had to change the driver side HID a while back. Luckily it was November and not this cold yet. I had to twist my wrist at angles God never meant you to but I got it changed and didn't break anything.
I think I read on here from cateramv6 there are 3 screws that he took off. He said " The headlight is held by 3 screws 2 on top and 1 on bottom then there is a cap held by another 3 screws... remove those, remove the plug and you will find the bulb, then simply remove replace and reinstall everything.

Elvin Did you replace in pairs or just driver side?

----------

My Cat is off the road for now. Not my choice. Buried under a ton of snow that's turned to ice. I'm afraid of hacking away at the ice and hitting her. I hope she's alright.

Stay warm my friend.

Thats crazy man sorry to hear she's buried, Ya hope she's alright too man. must be alot of weight on top of her now that it's turned to ice as well. Good luck when you do decide to find her again lol

Thanks chum you too man all the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts