Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals. I've been on this site off and on for a while now and finally picked up a 2003 Sevilloe STS, Blue Onyx and 63,000 miles which I love. The only issue I can find 'so far' is the above button doesn't illumnate at all.
1. How does one change the bulb?
2. What is the part number and where to buy it?
Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
Not sure if the bulb is serviceable. I think you have to replace the switch.

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Yes, the switch assembly has to be replaced. About $60 from the dealer per side.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Does it just pop off or do you get at it from behind the steering wheel?

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts
Behind the steering wheel. Remember to pull the air bag fuse. You might want to have a FSM on hand.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys I'm finally getting around to these switches. One other question though.
Is the cruise power switch backlit as well?
I get the power on light but I wondering if it supposed be lit up like the others too?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
Hey guys I'm finally getting around to these switches. One other question though.
Is the cruise power switch backlit as well?
I get the power on light but I wondering if it supposed be lit up like the others too?
Thanks again!
I just looked this up in 99 FSM - you need to remove the airbag module and the switches are held in by screws. Disable the airbag first. There are 4 slots on the back of the steering wheel - insert flathead and turn to disengage. BE CAREFUL OF WIRING ROUTING although you shouldn't need to disconnect the wiring to change the switches. Airbag looks like it presses back on to re-engage the clips. Beware, this is from 1999 FSM so 03 may be different.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I am pretty sure they are, Chubby.
:( Yup - the buttons on my 99 should light up :nono: found the wiring diagram for the lighting circuit in FSM. Since I force myself to learn a car without looking at the controls I should be OK until my memory gets even worse - and by then I'll have forgotten they light up, so problem solved :thumbsup:

I'm 95% sure the cruise lever should not light up.

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts
I'm 95% sure the cruise lever should not light up.
I can't recall if my daughters first SLS ('99) light or not, but my '03 does. They are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys here's an update on parts and pricing for these switches from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com except I'm not sure what colour is the one I need.
Choices are Black, Gray, and Wheat.
Prices are $20.77, $20.42 and $20.77 respectively for the radio side switch.
Heat/AC switch is $22.62, $22.40 and $21.62 respectively.
Seems considerably cheaper than others have mentioned so far.
I don't believe they ship to Canada though which is highly unfortunate, however I have an address I can use there.
My car is an '03' STS with dark blue paint and a light tan interior so Im guessing that would be the 'wheat'.
Is there a guide online that properly describes our paint and interior codes? Any feedback welcomed and thanks for the current replies everyone.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
My car is an '03' STS with dark blue paint and a light tan interior so Im guessing that would be the 'wheat'.
I called a dealer with the last 8 digits of my VIN and they told me my interior color was 'wheat'. For some reason I could not decode that from the RPO codes :hmm:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I can't recall if my daughters first SLS ('99) light or not, but my '03 does. They are pretty much the same.
:helpless: Didn't really want to see that... back to the FSM to see if I can find a wiring diagram for the column switch lighting again :annoyed:

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Jayman, if you pop the back seat up, and turn it upside down, you will find a sticker there with all the interior colours and stock numbers, just disconnect the rear seat heater on the pass side, the paint code is on the spare tire cover underneath and it will be on the bottom line. While its unfortuate that GMparts does not ship up here, Rock auto sure does and they are probably close to those prices, I just bought my 99 sts blower motor from them and it was only 150 compared to 309 dealer and it still had to come from Alberta, with a nine day wait, Rock got it here is two days.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info Caddyshack100. You lost me though about disconnecting the rear passenger seat heater :confused:. I'll check out Rock Auto.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts