Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, I jus bought a 2017 ATS 2.0 Turbo couple days ago with 15,000 miles, I have 18 months left on bumper to bumper and 5 years/75000 ext warranty, Got it home and noticed coupe things I overlooked, I noticed and oil seep on the timing cover, I looked at tires at dealer and they looked very good tread and jus thought nuthun could be wrong at 15,000 miles but noticed a crack in between the tread on a tire, Should I replace right away and should I stay with the Michelin run flats? I never owned the run flat tires so do no know much bout the but heard they have drilled huge hole in yhe side of them and drove it home, And heard the CUE screen cracks but being a 17 thought it would have done it by now, Anywho jus get'n some thoughts on this car from some of you that have owned for awhile......

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,267 Posts
Can you post a photo of the timing cover? I'd go to non-runflats if I was you. Did you check the rear differential for axle seal leaks?

Looks good! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,019 Posts
Oil seepage around timing cover is extremely common on these cars, most dealers call it "normal" and unless there is visible dripping they won't fix it. I got lucky with a good dealer and they cleaned mine and resealed it.

The factory CUE screen "cracks" when the gel layers separate from the glass, may or may not happen. If it does, replacement units from CUEscreens are both affordable and can be DIY installed. Seems the longevity is good too.

Non-runflat tires completely change the character of the ATS, definitely recommend dumping runflats. I didn't mind mine at first, but before long they became noisy and the ride became harsher as well. You'll just want to put a spare and jack/tools in the trunk.

There are other tips for 2.0T owners, I recommend searching this site a little to inform/educate yourself. Congrats and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are looking at changing the tires, I would wait to get a set of 4. A small sign of cracking doesn't mean its going to be an issue, especially with the tires being less than 7 years old.

Cue screen replacement is pretty DIY friendly a lot less expensive than it used to be, so if it does malfunction, its more of a minor inconvenience than the 800$ expense it used to be.

Get the oil seepage taken care of ASAP.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,766 Posts
CUE screens + software seem to be better starting around 2016 or 17.

The Runflats will let you drive 50 miles. They give a harder ride.
If you replace with non RF, decide what you will do if a flat. ATS has no spare.
Some buy from performancespare.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Update on tires, Dealer said they would buy two tires since the warranty was out on tires but only had car 3 days and it had almost new tread on 17,000 miles but I had to go back with run flats...Oh yeah, Dealer said GM won't fix seeps jus leaks, Sprayed area off with break cleaner over a week ago and no signs of seepage yet...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my new run flats on and while it was on the lift I looked at the rear differential and the seals were dry I also looked at the fronts and they were dry as well, Was talk'n with the service manager and asking him bout the CUE's and the Trans shutter and he said they used to see allot of the cue's goin bad early on but in the later years of the vehicle not so much, and he said the trans shutter would fell like running over rumble strips when it did it and so far no troubles with either... Thanks for everyone's opinions...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's exactly what it feels like, you feel it throughout the car.
Thank you have not felt that, Althou it only has 16,000 miles on it, The service manager told me there were certain serial numbers because they knew which ones that were gunna have that issue...

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
471 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,291 Posts
Follow the recommendation of angel71rs! My 2016 Corvette Z06 never had a shudder issue, probably because it never goes into AFM mode, but I had the fluid changed before the powertrain warranty expired. There have been a couple of torque converter revisions early on along with a stator support assembly and I believe the currently recommended fluid is the third fluid version and hopefully they finally got it right.

Currently I own four GM vehicles with four different automatic transmission fluid needs; the 2014 ATS with 6 speed gets classic Dexron VI, the 2016 Corvette Z06 with 8 speed uses Dexron HP, the 2018 GMC 2500HD gets Allison Syntec for its Allison 1000 6 speed, and the 2021 Camaro uses Dexron ULV for its joint Ford/GM developed 10 speed. Almost enough confusion to make me go electric :)

Rodger

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
851 Posts
Ah the good old days of Dexron for GM, F for Ford and A (?) for Chrysler are well behind us aren't they?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,291 Posts
I don't know, how about the electric Harley?

A Tesla quiet Harley is something I can't quiet wrap my head around. From Electra Glide to Electric is going to cause a disturbance in the universal force field :)

Rodger

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
851 Posts
A Tesla quiet Harley is something I can't quiet wrap my head around
You sure the MoCo doesn't have a "Screamin' Eagle potato potato noisemaker kit"? 😈

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 6-sp Premium
341 Posts
I don't know, how about the electric Harley?
A Tesla quiet Harley is something I can't quiet wrap my head around. From Electra Glide to Electric is going to cause a disturbance in the universal force field :)
I thought he was being sarcastic, since Harley have had plenty of problems. Unlike the big 3, however, they have managed to create a completely captive customer base that will not even consider buying another brand (no matter how far superior another brand's product might be, and how much less it costs...)

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
When Harley goes electric, you know it isn't just a fad. Electric isn't taking over as fast as the Taliban but it is coming a lot faster than many of us wish or think it should.

Rodger

Reactions: robertorolfo
1 - 20 of 32 Posts