Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just recently picked up a 2008 Cadillac 3.6 DI cts in Gold Mist and new to this forum. Love the car and a 180 difference to the camaros I have previous. Just giving the hello.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
Welcome Aboard.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Welcome o the forum and enjoy your CTS, it's a great vehicle.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Base Manual Tran
553 Posts
Welcome! - how many miles on yours? Did the previous owner disclose any repairs? I also have a 2008 with 75k - only issues so far are rear lock actuators (both) and my Drivers Information Center Display on the fritz. I fixed the locks myself - so if you have any issues with yours let me know. I'm still dealing with the DIC issue...haven't figured that one out yet.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the welcome. Definitely loving the car! Handles amazingly well and a nice kick. Got it from a dealership so no issues with about 100k miles. Original owner was very much big on maintenance check ups which I liked and got me in the car.

----------

Only bummer is mine is the gen 7 onstar without bluetooth. Which in time I may go with the bluestar if I feel the need, for now not a biggie.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Base Manual Tran
553 Posts
100k miles on the way to 200k! Thats what we like to hear! OK make sure you run synthetic oil and check the dipstick often to get a feel for your engine's appetite for oil!! Some use little to none but many use a quart or 2 every 5k miles....you DON"T want to run low!! Mine uses about a quart and half every 5k miles and that is considered pretty typical with the 3.6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts