Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2012 cts v coup
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just put a dep on 2012 v coup with 15k, for 43k. due to pick it up in RI tuesday, I live in LA. Gonna use an open transport, any opinions. IMO that car would have cost 5k more here, any opinions. Anything I should look for before I finalize deal. I turned down the CPO, has 24 mo on b2b...

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
When we got done negotiating, I asked about the CPO that was advertised in the car add. They said the CPO coverage would cost extra. I said include the CPO or forget the deal.

·
Registered
2012 cts v coup
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't have the nerve to do that because I had been tracking the car for two to three mos and they had come down on price about 5k.

When we got done negotiating, I asked about the CPO that was advertised in the car add. They said the CPO coverage would cost extra. I said include the CPO or forget the deal.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I agree with BigJim. Fly up and drive it home yourself. You will be glad you did! :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
You really should think about flying to the car and driving it back to LA. Make sure to bring a radar detector with you.

·
Registered
2010 CTSV Sedan
38 Posts
Bought mine 6hrs away. Travelled alone via bus, train and subway. You should drive it home alone. It's the best way to get aquainted with your "new girlfriend".

·
Registered
2012 cts v coup
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drive cross country? its not 6 hrs, wish it was. Rhode Island to LA? Don' t want the girl beat up before I get her home.

·
Registered
2011 Diamond Pearl Tricoat A6 Sedan
396 Posts
Pay the extra money for a prestige auto carrier that ships it in an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
98' Eldorado ESC
740 Posts
Just pay the extra and get a well known enclosed transporter. Don't ask how I know, imagine a mint 1966 Toronado and a wall coming together...

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
This may be the cause of confusion.

due to pick it up in RI tuesday, I live in LA.
Many of us use our phones with an app that doesn't show location unless we pull up the users profile.

I'd still fly to RI and drive back to Los Angeles. My wife and me took a 3,000 mild road trip last year and loved it! :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Last month I took a 3,500 mile trip, but used my 2014 SRX. The wife was surprised I didn't want to take our 2013 CTS-V. My reason was I didn't want to park the CTS-V at motels and we were heading from FL to Kan and MO., where they were, as usual this time of year, experiencing horrible weather. I told her I could easily replace the SRX, with an exact duplicate, but would never find another 2013 CTS-V sedan, 6 speed manual, recaros. The worse part of the trip was coming up on slow traffic and passing them. There were a lot of times I couldn't pass with the SRX, but the CTS-V would have been a piece of cake. So even though I posted that you should drive your new car across country, I opted against it.

·
Registered
'09V [email protected] stock, '15i Escalade ESV, '18 Silverado LT
654 Posts
Don't cheap out on the transport. Get enclosed if you can. Hopefully you can get it delivered during the day so they can't try to hide anything at night. Look it over carefully. Rims and splitter especially. Have the seller take some good pictures before being loaded.

You put a lot of time and effort (2-3 months) so don't let some transport company that doesn't differentiate between a Camry and V ruin it. Like everybody else said go fly over there and pick it up, or don't cheap out on the transport. Congrats

·
Registered
2012 cts v coup
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Due to fly to RI tues.. Haven't seen the car in person yet. I'm having the the price of the open transport rolled into the finance. My mind was to go with the enclosed but got talked out of it by the transport co who basically said the car wasn't high enough end to justify the encloseure and the higher price. I just put a call into the finance manager to ask about lowering the price of the car to go enclosed. I really can't go another cent more. thanks for all the input.
Don't cheap out on the transport. Get enclosed if you can. Hopefully you can get it delivered during the day so they can't try to hide anything at night. Look it over carefully. Rims and splitter especially. Have the seller take some good pictures before being loaded.

You put a lot of time and effort (2-3 months) so don't let some transport company that doesn't differentiate between a Camry and V ruin it. Like everybody else said go fly over there and pick it up, or don't cheap out on the transport. Congrats

·
Registered
CTSV, Denali
396 Posts
isn't high end enough? says the transporter. Thats insulting. Hes either not a car guy and is looking for a Lambo or Bentley which he considers high end
or more than likely doesn't own an enclosed trailer which is why he talked you out of it. Often these companies switch transport trucks numerous times across the country. Find out what the plan is the more the car is moved the more of a chance for damage.
The car was delivered via open transport from the factory but sight unseen with a transport company and a dealer involved 3,000 miles away there will be a lot of finger pointing in case anything occurs,
Spend the money it is high end enough

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon ROT/Black, Auto, Polished Wheels
62 Posts
Is it the Red Obsession Coupe (Auto) with the Light Titanium Interior?
We were going to look at that one.
To bad I didn't see your post earlier. I could have gone down over the weekend an looked at it for you.
We test drove the 2012 Red Obsession in Norwood, MA. It had a Corsa cat back and a Hennesy air intake. :(
Bought a 2014 Red Obsession wagon in New Hampshire with 5K miles first so never made it to RI to look at this one.

I have used Intercity Transport enclosed carrier out of Ware, MA. a few times. Great people.

·
Registered
2012 cts v coup
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bingo, yes it is.... Took all u guys advice about having it transported enclosed. Shopped around and got a better price than I got before....Auto Shippers Express..called a reference from him, a guy who sells vintage and classic car and he uses him once a week, said he was great. Getting ready to take a redeye from Cali to boston in a few hours. be bk home tomorrow night. Will post what happens.

Is it the Red Obsession Coupe (Auto) with the Light Titanium Interior?
We were going to look at that one.
To bad I didn't see your post earlier. I could have gone down over the weekend an looked at it for you.
We test drove the 2012 Red Obsession in Norwood, MA. It had a Corsa cat back and a Hennesy air intake. :(
Bought a 2014 Red Obsession wagon in New Hampshire with 5K miles first so never made it to RI to look at this one.

I have used Intercity Transport enclosed carrier out of Ware, MA. a few times. Great people.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts