Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as mentioned i'm new to the Forum.

I have an 02' Escalade (see attached picture) after a few hours of cruising
the forum today i see some of the small issues i've had are common problems
and the DIY walkthroughs and how to's are awesome. Its really great to see
Cadillac owners pull through and help one another out.

My main question is in regards to lowering the ride height of my escalade, I have factory 17" wheels equipped with winter tires as I live in central Canada and our winters are extremly harsh ... my front lawn is buried in 4 feet of snow right now.
In the summer I have 24" diablo wheels; a guy a few blocks away has an 03-06 EXT with bigger wheels and his truck is lowered. I much prefer the look and stance of his truck and would love to do the same to my truck, i just have very little knowledge when it comes to the suspension make up of my vehicle. Any explaination and insight would be greatly appreciated, if anyone can link me to online stores/ shops with suspension packages for my truck that would make me a smiling :cool: escalade owner!

Happy posting

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 1999 GMC Yukon Denali, 1986 Toyota AE86
75 Posts
Nice ride!! And welcome to the club!

Well lets see.......There is plenty of options where this is concerned! I have an 05' EXT on 24's and im currently running a 3/5 Drop. This is pretty extreme as ive come to realize, So far ive completely gutted the wheel wells, Ive had to disable the autoride suspension. I have had all bump stops removed, And had to have my buddy cut up and weld some parts for suspension travel (he owns a custom truck shop).

I'll be honest the ride can be a little rough at times, But it looks sick as hell. Before the 3/5 I had an Eibach 2/3 Drop kit, And was pleased with it.

It will really come down to personal preference and goals with the truck.

But a good place to pick up a lowering kit is AUTOANYTHING.COM I think I payed right around $300 for Keys, And springs shipped!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts