Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... so my wife and I recently made the switch from Mercedes to Cadillac... she drove a GLE and moved over to a 2020 XT6 and I had a S550 and moved over to a fully loaded CT6. Reason we moved was simply because Mercedes wouldn’t cut a reasonable deal on our new leases and Cadillac did... so far I’m very pleased with the vehicles but I’m starting to notice certain things that I’m surprised the vehicles does not have or I have not found... first this is the vehicle doesn’t have a sunglasses holder, second I can’t seem to find a laundry Clíp in the back in order to hand my suit jacket. And 3 I can seem to find where to store the headphones for the entertainment system in the back... sure these are minor complaints but I figured I’d ask Incase I’m just overlooking them or if someone has found a work around... aside from that we are happy with our new vehicles and impressed with what Cadillac has produced for the price. Look forward to learning more from all of you!

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
Thanks. Made my day. It brings back memories of some of the places I've worked overseas and we'd sit around at night cracking up over other folks' first world problems. Hahaha

My shades go in the ashtray (or stuck in the air vent if my phone is in there), my jacket lays on the back seat (that sleeps 2 (comfortably)), and what - the headphones? We don't need no stinkink headphones. Just turn up the radio to 13. ;)

Rather decent $20 solution for one item on the list though:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I know first world problems in deed... This is actually a nice solution only concern is will it affect the TV screens when they are on?

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
Oh good lord god no. You have TVs in your car? Hahaha Ok so there's gotta be a Merc retractable option somewhere for $1,250.

Seriously, most of them I'm used seeing for sale that set quite a bit lower. I just figured that model was more for a status symbol. Like guys hanging their Rolex out the window.....

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
In the XT6 the clothes hook should be hidden with the grab handles above the rear doors. I think there is a little hook to hold the top of a wire coat hanger beside the reading light. I would guess the same in the CT6.

GM has chosen to remove the overhead console sunglasses holder in order to fill that space with the alarm system interior sensors. This occurred in several Caddy models. 'Base' models that don't come with the theft alarm system have the sunglasses flip-down compartment.

For headphones, some Caddy models have a rear seat armwrest storage compartment similar to the front row. Second row bench middle seatback flips down, and inside is the compartment. Varies by model, and if you have the second row captain's chairs in the XT6 then no middle seatback unfortunately. I think there may be a storage bin/cooler that can be ordered from GM and can placed between the second row captain's seats (but I'm not positive).

Max

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the XT6 the clothes hook should be hidden with the grab handles above the rear doors. I think there is a little hook to hold the top of a wire coat hanger beside the reading light. I would guess the same in the CT6.

GM has chosen to remove the overhead console sunglasses holder in order to fill that space with the alarm system interior sensors. This occurred in several Caddy models. 'Base' models that don't come with the theft alarm system have the sunglasses flip-down compartment.

For headphones, some Caddy models have a rear seat armwrest storage compartment similar to the front row. Second row bench middle seatback flips down, and inside is the compartment. Varies by model, and if you have the second row captain's chairs in the XT6 then no middle seatback unfortunately. I think there may be a storage bin/cooler that can be ordered from GM and can placed between the second row captain's seats (but I'm not positive).

Max
Thanks I appreciate the info it just surprised me that those common features weren’t available with a fully loaded vehicle but that makes sense about the sensors and such... and yea I thought the console in the Back of the CT6 would accommodate the headsets that came with the car but it doesn’t even fit 1 smh ??‍♂

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,168 Posts
Thanks I appreciate the info it just surprised me that those common features weren’t available with a fully loaded vehicle but that makes sense about the sensors and such... and yea I thought the console in the Back of the CT6 would accommodate the headsets that came with the car but it doesn’t even fit 1 smh ??‍♂
That's the thing about changing vehicle brands, especially when you've become accustomed to how one brand does things. There's always things that brand 2 does better than brand 1, but there's also things that brand 1 thought of that brand 2 didn't.

My XTS has the "left knee compartment" in the dash...that's where I keep my shades...I have no idea if other models have it though.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
501 Posts
My Chevy has a compartment for sunglasses overhead by the dome light, but has no sunroof. My Cadillac has a sunroof, but no compartment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts