Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 3.6DI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just purchased my first Cadillac. 2008 3.6DI with about 50k on it. I got a great deal and love the car. I have been reading alot about the "Loud injectors" and i understand that no biggie. I have 2 questions for the people with one of these cars

1 - I was told it should idle "smooth as glass" This one is slightly rough. Not like a monster truck but it is felt.
2 - There is a pinging from what seems like coming from the drivers side back of the motor/firewall area. Its not based on RPM, because it when it starts its a very fast sound, in no relationship to RPM. I seem to hear it when RPMS fall as well. Example, when i let off the gas you hear it lightly for about 3 seconds then it goes back to a normal sound. I thought it was a lifter but it volume does not change with temperature change like a lifter. Some say fuel Pump or lift pump? Again i no nothing (yet) about this motor. Educate me???

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 cts 3.6
21 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 3.6DI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Its a awesome car!

----------

I hope the car lasts as long as I am hoping! Totally worth every penny so far :)

·
Registered
2008 cts 3.6
21 Posts
If you want to help make it last look into the rx catch cans, I am purchasing one tomorrow .
You can read all about them on the forum and they seem like a must for our cars

12,778 Posts
Congratulations on your CTS, billdethrow! I'm happy you're enjoying it so far, and please let me know if you ever would like me to investigate vehicle questions further for you. I'm always available to check for recalls, warranty information, or provide your build sheet, so email me at [email protected] for further assistance. (Including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be helpful!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,183 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts