Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CTSV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just sold my mustang and got me a CTS-V.. i luv it. but few things im wondering is...
1) the shifter sometimes is hard to get into different gears.. is dis normal?
2) my gas gauge is sometimes going down.. i just filled her up today, and it showed me more than a half tank den later on, it goes to a quarter. when i turn off the car, den start it back up, it shows me half tank again....
3) i have a warranty four years from now or 80000 miles, which ever comes first. can i change the exhaust and will not void my warranty??

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
1) I'd have the hydraulic clutch system flushed and filled with fresh fluid.

2) Gas gauge is VERY non-linear. Takes a while to get down to the half mark then drops like a rock. I wouldn't trust the reading below half full; mine has jumper around a little, too, but I always fill up at the halfway point.

3) Probably. Just don't tell anyone. :shhh:

Say, what's up with the "dis and dat?"

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
I don't think a cat back should void your warranty. Headers might depending on the dealer.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
316 Posts
You might be running into the 1st-4th skip shift feature or whatever they call it. Many members have installed an inexpensive defeat device for this.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
There should be a warning sticker on our cars about the inaccuracy of the fuel gauge. Mine doesn't come off of full until I have used 5 gallons of fuel (when it should read a little below the 3/4 mark)

I had used 12 gallons of fuel yesterday and was still hovering at the 1/2 mark. With a 17 gallon tank it should read closer to 1/4.

I always reset the "fuel used" meter in the info part of the DIC every time I fill up and use that. I find that it it is always within about 1/2 gallon in its accuracy which is close enough for me.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
As with many other cars on the market, it would behoove you to fill up at 1/2 tank. Many cars loose fuel economy below 1/2 tank. Not sure about this car, but you are definitely gambling with a little side-of-the-road-freetime if you go below a 1/4.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
I always reset the "fuel used" meter in the info part of the DIC every time I fill up and use that. I find that it it is always within about 1/2 gallon in its accuracy which is close enough for me.
Exactly what i do. The four things i reset at every fillup:

1) Trip meter 1
2) Fuel Used
3) Average Fuel Economy
4) Average Speed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts