Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Sedan DeVille
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today finally sealed it, I need new tires. My car has some halfway decent goodyears on it, but in even a LITTLE bit of rain, I can't take off for crap. If I do more than creep out of a stop, it will spin the tires like I'm doing burnouts at the drag strip.

So, I need some recommendations as to tires that have done good for dry/wet conditions, and also some winter tires, since according to everyone, we do get a bit of snow and ice here.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
25 Posts
I am using Goodyear Assurance Triple-Tred's and am very pleased with them. I have 60,000 on them and they are still in pretty good shape. I run them at 40 psi (44 psi is the max). The OEM rims on my 2000 DTS kept losing air and caused some uneven tread wear. I replaced the OEM rims with aftermarket replicas and haven't had any more problems. The tires are warranteed for 80,000 miles, but I will probably replace them before winter (I drive 35,000 miles per year, just going back forth to work). I live in SW lower Michigan, and we get plenty of snow and ice. I have not slipped once in the snow with these tires.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
I was going to go with Good Years but I ran across a guy who had Exclaims on his. It rode smooth and, at least dry, had no traction issues, $143/tire. I also like the tread design.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan DeVille
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still tempted by the tires I used on my Vr-4, Kuhmo Ecsta MR's. They're extremely pricey, but damn do they grab.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,137 Posts
I continue to swear by the Cooper CS4 235/55/VR17's I installed a couple of months ago. Quiet, "sticky", and fantastic in the rain. www.coopertire.com 60,000 mile warranty, 45 days "If you don't like 'em, we take 'em back" trial. And they've been to 132 mph (fuel cutoff) 4 times now.

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
I've tried multiple brands and Michelin has been the best for my car. The BF Goodrich I have on now are far better than the Coopers that were on it before, but they make some weird noises especially on wet road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts