2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i don't know how you see at night. 20% or lower and my visibility sucked at night....though i did live in the sticks and the star light doesnt do much for lighting

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
They never used to give a darn, but in New York City Cops are now busting chops for tint.
I have 20% and that's illegal. 80 buck ticket.
I always had a Florida plate and I'm gonna do that again.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I parked in downtown chicago this sat night and those city cops have me a $250 ticket for window tints :nono: , i'll be sure to send them a copy of the tint bill when i send this sucker in. NOOOOO way am i paying.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
13 Posts
woohoo almost there:

To the Honorable Members of the

Illinois House of Representatives

96th General Assembly

I hereby return House Bill 3325 with a specific recommendation for change. I thank the sponsors for their hard work on this legislation. While I approve of the objective of this legislation, a technical change is necessary to correct a flaw in the bill as drafted. If this bill were to become law as written, driving multipurpose passenger vehicles (sport utilities) that have their rear windows factory tinted would violate the law.

Therefore, pursuant to Article IV, Section 9(e) of the Illinois Constitution of 1970, I hereby return House Bill 3325, entitled “AN ACT concerning transportation”, with the following specific recommendation for change:

on page 6, by replacing lines 7 through 13 with “(3) on multipurpose passenger vehicles, as defined by Section 1-148.3b of this Code, with a nonreflective tint originally applied by the manufacturer on the windows to the rear of the driver’s seat, the side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver may be treated with a nonreflective tint that allows at least 50% light transmittance, with a 5% variance observed by a law enforcement official metering the light transmittance.”.

With these changes, House Bill 3325 will have my approval. I respectfully request your concurrence.

Sincerely,

PAT QUINN

Governor

·
Registered
NONE
72 Posts
I parked in downtown chicago this sat night and those city cops have me a $250 ticket for window tints :nono: , i'll be sure to send them a copy of the tint bill when i send this sucker in. NOOOOO way am i paying.
Is there a "grandfather" clause to the bill? If not, you're probably stuck paying this fine.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a "grandfather" clause to the bill? If not, you're probably stuck paying this fine.
yea i already paid it - i knew that the chicago cops knew it would be on its way out the door soon so they made their quota's while they could. I had no city sticker and no front plate but those fines were too small :nono:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now if we could only get the damn front licence plate thing taken care of
welll the front plate is a non-moving violation. So from what i know from expierance is that they can't pull you over strictly for it. You have to be doing something else like speeding, exp tags, etc

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
welll the front plate is a non-moving violation. So from what i know from expierance is that they can't pull you over strictly for it. You have to be doing something else like speeding, exp tags, etc
Tell that to the 3 guys who pulled me over in my 2003 cts :banghead:

and yes it is SUPPOSED!! to be from what i have heard too

·
Registered
11 V Black Diamond Sedan, 16 Escalade Premium (wife's)
221 Posts

don't know IL law, but in NY thats absolutely fair game to stop you, same with lighting (tails, brakes, headlights, failure to dim etc)

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
The new law passed 10/30/09
On passenger cars you can have 35% front and rears (rears have to be no darker then 35%), or no darker then 30% on the rears to have 50% on the front windows. If you have darker then 30% on the rears, you are not allowed anything on the front windows.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
68 Posts
Just another reason to keep the rental in Oklahoma and keep the Oklahoma plates:

1. they don't care about tint
2. there is no automobile inspection, and
3. they don't require front plates!

The old OK plates used to say "Oklahoma is OK." Even as a Texan, I'm starting to agree.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts