Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some new smoked taillights and was wondering if its hard or not to take them off and put new ones on.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I've never changed or removed mine, but I'm pretty sure they're held on only by a few nuts, accessible from inside the trunk. You need to pull the side cover panels out of the trunk for access.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
odysseus said:
I've never changed or removed mine, but I'm pretty sure they're held on only by a few nuts, accessible from inside the trunk. You need to pull the side cover panels out of the trunk for access.
When they smoked mine, the guy that did it did not indicate that it was difficult. I do remember that when I returned to pick up my car they were puting the side cover panels of the trunk back into place

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
pjohnesq said:
When they smoked mine, the guy that did it did not indicate that it was difficult. I do remember that when I returned to pick up my car they were puting the side cover panels of the trunk back into place
PJ,
Are the lenses smoked from the outside or the inside?

·
Registered
340 Posts
its REALLY simple. just take off the liners in the trunk, and it is a few bolts. You payed alot for those on ebay didnt you??? It would have been alot cheaper just to buy a can of nightshades and do your own.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
22Cadillac22 said:
i wanted to say forget and just get cadillac to do it they want to charge over $100, thats pointless
I paid $150...for me it was worth it though. I just don't have the time (or patience) to do it myself.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
22Cadillac22 said:
when they come in ill look in the trunk and figure out how to take out the liner and get them in
From inside the trunk, just unscrew the large plastic buttons holding the side panels and the rear part (below the trunk lid) on. After they're all off, unscrew the spare tire cover and move it back about 1" (no need to fully remove it), to expose the lower lip of the rear panel. That comes out first, then the two side panels. To fully remove the side panels, you'll likely have to loosen the rear seat mounts. More than likely, you can simply move the panel out of the way enough to reach the tail lights. You can leave the floor panel and spare tire cover in. It's very simple.

After those are off, then you can easily see how the tail lights are secured.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts