Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys so i had a tight budget, wanted to spend around 500, with everyting installed, so it was a hard batte;

ok first off we used a high to low inverter and tapped in the rear sub, sounds great and no problms..

got the amp 50 75 bucks open box, bout 14 doller 4 year protection plan, amp should retail for about 170 on sale 330 normal
Audiobahn A8000T 1-Channel Amplifier

Class A/B MOSFET Circuitry
PWM MOSFET Power Supply
Semi-Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
THD : 0.02%
S/N Ratio > 100dB
Frequency Response : 10Hz - 40KHz (+ / - 1dB)
Variable 18dB High Pass Crossover : 50Hz- 750Hz
Variable 18dB Low Pass Crossover : 50Hz- 120Hz
Bass boost on / off
Subsonic Filter :20Hz - 50Hz
RCA Throughput Connections
3-way Protection Circuitry : Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload, Cooling Fans
Cobalt Blue Illumination
High Gloss Chrome Plated Finish
Nickel Plated Block Terminals
Air Induction Fan Cooled
RCA and Speaker Level Inputs
4 Ohms Mono : 400W x 1
2 Ohms Mono : 800W x 1
Dimension(H x W x D) : 1 7/8" x 9 7/8" x 11 7/8"

got these buy one get one free both for about 100 bucks
MTX Thunder 12" Subwoofer (T451204)

MTX T451204
• 12" subwoofer
• 400W peak power

• 30Hz–150Hz
• Aluminum voice coil

this box is sick, i woudl tell any one to get it, got this for about 150
Bass Slammer Dual Vented Subwoofer Enclosure (BS212V)

so i go this plus all the wires and funs stuffed installed for 550.......

it sounds so crisp and clean, and the bass hits so hard,,, i love it

what do you guys think?:bouncy:

im thinking about buying some crazy speaker grills, and having them painted when i get my front grill body matched

·
Registered
06 CTS Black Raven
472 Posts
Good pick in products, I have heard good things with Audiobahn and MTX well I've always liked them. Looks good! i would love to do the same but want to keep my trunk space...Besides my Focus has all the audio bling in it!!

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
joeyblaze said:
im thinking about buying some crazy speaker grills, and having them painted when i get my front grill body matched
Do that! As long as they're painting the grill, have them do the speaker guards too. That would look VERY clean.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great!!! Not bad for a $500 budget.......wish I could hear it.....great deal on everything
it sounds so nice, clean crisp base, but yet you still feel it in your chest. next on the list is a redo of all the stock speakers and amps, but thats down the line. Yeah im amazed byt the sound i got for 500 easly sounds like 1200+ system, even the install guys where shocked, and kept sayng this is only 500 bucks..:bouncy:

Good pick in products, I have heard good things with Audiobahn and MTX well I've always liked them. Looks good! i would love to do the same but want to keep my trunk space...Besides my Focus has all the audio bling in it!!
yeah trank space is def lacking lol... but who cares, thats what the back seat is for :):thepan: :highfive:

Do that! As long as they're painting the grill, have them do the speaker guards too. That would look VERY clean.
yeah im on the hunt for the grills now, and told my GF to hold of on getting the spare grill we bought painted. i think the box with the body match grill will give a very custom look, the carpet on the box matches the trunk carpert perfect, i was very happy :)

thanks for all the comments guys :)

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beaglecookie said:
Where did you get it installed? How much did they charge you to install.

hehehhe beagle did u read my post not to sound like one thoes of dicks, but im cranky worked outside all day in the 101 heat we had jerzey today
so i go this plus all the wires and funs stuffed installed for 550.......
but i wont flame you i hate a$$ holes like that, i got all the work done with parts for about 556 dollers. I bought all the parts and had it installed at circuitcity, on rt 46 in NJ hope this helps, they have done work on all 3 of my cars 86 camaro, 01 gtp and now an 05 CTS:bouncy:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was just telling my husband that I need more bass when CD are played. I only have one 12" speaker. He reminded me that in my other car I have new amp and bass box with (2) 12" in it. He said he'll just put it in my CTS. That means $0 yeah. How could I forget. I spend alot of money on that system.... Thanks for your reply and not being mean to me!!!:highfive::bouncy:

If my speakers don't sound good I might buy some a circuit city.....

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joey, What stereo system do you have? Bose? They have some speaker grills on ebay.
nope i got the non-bose stocker, still kicks yeah im going to look around to find some dope grills :):bouncy: :worship:

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats.....
thanks bro

hahaha now i wanna switch out the stock amp and replace all the doors, but thats down the line, it sounds great for now :) :want: Where is the stck AMP:stirpot:

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you will be happy for a short time, then need more :)
hahah aint that the truth....... well im happy for now, just thinking dow the road, i want TV's........bling bling :thumbsup: LOL.......

·
Registered
2005 cts
34 Posts
Joeyblaze What Type Of High Lo Converter Did You Use? Was It Connected Directly To The Rear Stock Sub Wires? I Have A Memphis Audio 1000 Watt Amp With A Alpine X Type 12" Sub. Sounds Ok But I Think It Should Thump Alot Harder. Its Connected Directly To The Stock Amp With No Hi Lo Converter. Amp Seems To Heat Up Very Quickly Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Bad 4 My System? Thanks

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Amps will get hot.....it all depends on HOW hot it gets....it should have some circuitry to cut off if it gets too hot......is it too hot to leave your hand on for an extended period of time? Is it bridged correctly? THe problem with PAC convertors, is they dont let the sub unleash its full fury.....this is where the JL cleansweep comes in.....Im assuming your using the convertor built into the amp? as I said these convertors are never as good as an aftermarket headunit, if you want to stay stock and get the best sound, get the cleansweep....if will give you a WHOLE LOT BETTER SOUND>.....nite and day difference.....for $300

1 - 20 of 25 Posts