Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post as I just joined.
I just bought a 94 STS. I feel I got a great deal. I did however just notice that the wheels on this car look like they are from the newer model STS's. Are they? I perfer the looks of this wheel, but wonder now why they were changed (if they were). It's a small pic. Let me know if a closeup would help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question. (runs out to look)
They’re just 16’s.
I’m obviously a Cadillac noob but I haven’t seen any pics of 94 models on the web with these 7 spoke wheels.

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
I *believe* you are correct - those are taken off of a newer STS. Not 100% sure though. You could look around for the 17" Chrome DTS wheels - those rule on STS's. There are some pictures around here of them.

The stock 16" wheels I've seen on the older STS's like yours (someone where I work has one) are OK but not as nice. They might have wanted to upgrade to the new look with the chrome.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
If they were 17's I'd say there is no way they are from '94, that being said I still think they are newer than the car. Either way they look great.

·
Registered
586 Posts
they definitly are not from a 94. they are newer STS wheels... not sure exaclty what year though

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
They are STS wheels from a '98+ STS. Although, Im pretty sure Cadillac went to 17"(for the STS) only in 2002. So they are somewhere between '98-'01. Or they are a reproduction of those wheels

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Brett said:
They are STS wheels from a '98+ STS. Although, Im pretty sure Cadillac went to 17"(for the STS) only in 2002. So they are somewhere between '98-'01. Or they are a reproduction of those wheels
No, 16" were still standard for '02. In '03 - 17" only. This one I'm 100% positive on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I really like this style wheel I was just very curious if they were original or not. Hmmm now I have to wonder what else is not stock.
This forum is more active than I expected. Looking forward to hanging out with you all here.
Del

1 - 12 of 12 Posts