Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on sal get with the times, there is already a thread on these photos called "interesting picture" ...i think i summed up my thoughts in that thread...but we need a thread about the new STS imo...so here we go, what have you heard or read, heres what i know:

Confirmed:
-Seville name will be replaced with STS
-STS will be built on Sigma(CTS) platform
-Bob Lutz threw out the first design for looking to much like a CTS

Likely:
-275 hp V-6 standard engine
-330-350hp V-8 optional
-5 speed auto trans

Rumored:
-400-500 hp V12 V-series

Release Date???? Probably late 2004

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
it went screeming past you at a high rate of speed :D lol

Im still not fond of the design of the CTS Ill take an STS anyday

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dead Sled said:
it went screeming past you at a high rate of speed :D lol

Im still not fond of the design of the CTS Ill take an STS anyday
the CTS has kind of grown on me...and some of the spy photos of the V-series I think look really good...only thing i would wish for is a little more interior room....which is where the STS comes in, if i can wait that long for a new car

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess theres not a lot of interest in the new STS, How about things youd like to see on the new STS:

Heated AND Cooled Seats
6 sp auto trans
adaptive cruise control?
Night vision?

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
I'd be happy with a 5 speed auto. I wont set my hopes TOO high now.. :) Cooled seats - yeah, that would be nice.. Just another 'cool' option to have.. A night vision option would be nice... Maybe a 'selective-ride' option to tighten and loosen the suspension depending on how you're driving... Sometimes I'd like a REAL soft ride...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sal Collaziano said:
I'd be happy with a 5 speed auto. I wont set my hopes TOO high now.. :) Cooled seats - yeah, that would be nice.. Just another 'cool' option to have.. A night vision option would be nice... Maybe a 'selective-ride' option to tighten and loosen the suspension depending on how you're driving... Sometimes I'd like a REAL soft ride...
yea a 5 speed would be fine, but the BMW 7 has a six so i was just hoping, the car will probably have some variation of the magnetic ride control

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
if they wanted to put a sixspeed auto they would have done so with their xlr. I guess we will all be getting five speeds in the future

for me
i would like to see some 330+hp on the base model
rwd/awd
manual
driver selective suspension(sport mode/regular mode)
bose stereo
nightvision
17" wheels stock and 18" optional
usual wood trims
hid standard

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i forgot about the wheels...18 inch definitely...i talked to a few sales guys at a dealer down here today while i was getting my oil changed and they were clueless, not that i expected much. When the guy said it would look just like a cts i mentioned that according to bob lutz that idea was scraped, he says well i mean the front of the CTS and the back of the DTS. So i Guess its the Cadillac frankenstein. either way i told them about this site, maybe they'll learn something.

·
Registered
122 Posts
GM is presently working on a six speed auto that will be used in rear wheel drive cars and trucks. It is widely rumored that it will be used in the Corvette, which means it will have the torque handling capactity for the V series cars. It's possible that it will show up in the STS or the STS V. Somehow I don't think that the STS will get the V12 in any form. They are only set to make about 5000 per year, and I think they will end up in special Escalades, as well as the new ultra luxury car, and maybe the Deville. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the STS is too small to fit it. The current one is supposedly too small.

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can definitely confirm that the STS will base with the High-Feature V-6 with some level of performance greater than is seen currently in SRX. As for the NorthStar, bhp is not really known at this time, and it's still in debate as to when the new 4.2L NorthStar is going to appear. From all the Cadillac people I have talked to, I'm assured that the STS performance will be significantly better than the SRX, meaning siginifcantly better than the BMW 5- or 7-series. I will assume this to be the case, as last spring a Cadillac engineer "assured" me that the SRX would be better than the X5, and the press has basically stated that.

Most people are still maintaing STS will only be 2-3 inches longer than CTS, and that it's still on-time for a regular MY2005 introduction with a debut at least at or by NAIAS next year. You'll be impressed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scott! I didn't know you were a member...is this why I don't see you on C and G as much?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like to see the Magna Ride system from the 50th anniversary corvette on there with a better tuning, I think it was used on an STS already, but they used narrower wheels with it and all it ended up doing was having the same ride and a little better mpg.

Kurt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts