Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 SRX V8
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Newb Cadillac owner. Gambled on an 04 SRX V8 RWD only to discover a slightly cracked block. So far, according to my girlfriend, only coolant is leaking and very slow at that. We
have a line on an 04 AWD motor with less than 100K. My question: Would there be any mounting differences between an AWD vs RWD? Hoping this will be a straightforward swap.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
I don't think you'll have any fitment problems and you will avoid the problems of AWD in removing your engine. You might want to switch pans though. My caution is to not excessively twist and bend the wiring harnesses when doing it.

·
Registered
04 SRX V8
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had about 150K. Unbelievably clean...except for the crack. I myself haven't seen it. Had to take the GF's word. Having a real mechanic check it Monday.

How many miles were on the RWD when you got it? sucks about the block.
----------

Thanks glake. Having it checked out Monday. Nice knowing it will be relatively straightforward.

I don't think you'll have any fitment problems and you will avoid the problems of AWD in removing your engine. You might want to switch pans though. My caution is to not excessively twist and bend the wiring harnesses when doing it.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
You may need to migrate the ECM with the new motor, as you can run into a lot of electronics issues. The other option is to take it into a dealer after installation and have them reprogram it.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
687 Posts
Perhaps a stopgap solution but I'd definitely try a round of coolant sealing tablets.

GM #12378255 available on Amazon for 5 bucks.

Especially if the vehicle isn't used on long trips (obviously you don't want to be disabled a long way from home base)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts