Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Allen was the first to get one from Cadillac for his concept TAD CTS. We're still having problems getting them:mad: Notice the TAD headlight treatment.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kael said:
robert, thats actually pretty common for companies to take design cues from aftermarket companies

i love how clueless everyone is in the video of the thing
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/tadcts.html
"14 inch bremCO brake"

"a belt driven turbo.."
that means a centrifugal supercharger.
Kael,
Interesting video. I had not seen that. I'm sure that's pretty old as Tim Allen never got off the ground with the TAD. Tim even shut down his website on the TAD. Unfortunate in that he had some good ideas.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I used black vinyl. It's available in lotsa colors.
Humm, yea I recall when you had it done. The "eyelid" look is definatly more agressive. But I wonder how hard it would be to find some silver vinyl that matches "light platinum" just right. Where did you pick yours up from Robert? I might try it and take a few pictures, see how I like the look. Cheap mod

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey robert how much work was it to do that light thing. Did you cut the vinyl yourself? and did it just stick rite on there or you used something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CadiKing2006 said:
Hey robert how much work was it to do that light thing. Did you cut the vinyl yourself? and did it just stick rite on there or you used something else?

Thanks
Yes, I cut it with an xacto knife. I have a template I made if you wanna cut your own. PM an address.;) I also did the rear tail lights the same way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I tried the TAD headlight treatment on my CTS.

Hey Robert,
What are the "high beam fogs" in you tag line? Did you disable the feature that shuts down the fogs when you hit the high beams? Was it had to do?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BYNSL4U said:
Hey Robert,
What are the "high beam fogs" in you tag line? Did you disable the feature that shuts down the fogs when you hit the high beams? Was it had to do?
It's a pretty easy Mod. You replaced the Fog bulb with the OEM High Beam bulb. It uses the same socket. Here's some pics of the two bulb types and where they reside inside the wheel well.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,034 Posts
Sport grille looks nice. Thanks for the eyelid mod - I like the look and may do it myself.

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
404 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Humm, yea I recall when you had it done. The "eyelid" look is definatly more agressive. But I wonder how hard it would be to find some silver vinyl that matches "light platinum" just right. Where did you pick yours up from Robert? I might try it and take a few pictures, see how I like the look. Cheap mod
If you can't find the vinyl to match go to a body and paint shop and have them painted to color match the car. My dad and my brother both have a 300C (which i dont like) and they both did that to their tail lights. The lights still go thru the paint but when the tail lights are off the car looks like it got no tail lights.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts