Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the final design stages of a new hood for the 09+ CTS V's. Here are some pictures of it going onto our mill for laser scanning and finally milling.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I like the louvers, but the bulge looks a tad bit tall from the side. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hood comes in at about 30mm higher than the production CTS V hood.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Are those extractors going to be functional? Looks killer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, they will be functional extractors. At this point we are laser scanning the driver side of the hood, once we make it to the centerline we will mirror the image and mill it out to the passenger side.

After that we will come back and hand model it to a perfect surface. When that is complete, we will build our first tool off of the clay model.

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
The base color Thunder Gray and then...........how about the excractors in black or silver!!!!!

I want one...:bouncy:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
doubt it will be lighter...usually fiberglass. The thin aluminum on the V is hard to beat weight-wise.

F

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
I'm liking the hood but am very interested in your progress on the front splitter. Any word on this? Any wip pics?

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The spoiler is in the master tooling phase. Should have parts ready in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
Good work looking forward to seeing the finished products.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
A diffuser would be nice. Ether gray or body color (mine is white). Would really enhance the rear look if it had a steep enough angle with some vertical pillars.

Hans.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts