Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting and searching for months to find some classic WW tires for my Deville, they are finally on their way. Sandblasting and painting the rims before their arrival.
For months, on this forum, I have read many a inquiry about where to find the appropriate tires for our Cad's. Many said not available any more. They are now.
Here's the place I went to with the style I'm getting.
Yeah, sure their cheapy Chinese tires, but for the price, I thought why not. In all my searches I couldn't find the exact 1-3/8" white wall, but performance plus tire has them in stock NOW. They may run out of them soon. Seems everyone wants WW tires these days. :confused:
So if you need WW tires, or might be needing some soon, call them.
They are very nice to talk to over the phone, and they are based out of Tennessee, so you can understand them.
My big old girl is getting closer to cruising the streets.馃槉
A happy Andrew in NH.

Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
I've been watching them for the best part of a year. Never saw any comments on them from buyers on the forums. So, I will be very interested in how you like them as I'm on the fence. In fact when you get them on your car, maybe I'll take a ride down from Littleton and take a peek at them.

Good Luck
Tom

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Tom;
With these tires about the only comment I've heard is that it's difficult to keep the white walls, white. Otherwise most, if not all the folks who have them, like them.
Same goes for the Surtrack's, my original tire pick. They're still not available.
I already have that problem browning white letters with my BFG radial T/A's.
BFG claims it the chemical in the tire that keeps them from dry rotting. That's BFG. We'll see how these tires work out.
I'm optimistic. Hope to report back to all on what I find out when they go round and round.
I think what would be very cool is if everyone in the New England area would like to meet up some time, maybe in Concord, NH. Half way between you and me.
I'm sure there is a Massachusetts/Vermont and maybe more, Caddy contingent that would make the trip.
If not this year, maybe next? Any one want to help plan some get together?
Andrew

Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
Take a close look at the whitewall surface, in addition to to the browning issue a lot of these Chinese tires (Suretrac et all) have a gap in the whitewall where the two ends meet. In short order "cracks" start appearing all over the whitewall surface.

Its a shame because the whitewalls they're making almost perfectly match the appearance of what came on the mid 70's-mid 80's cars. Hopefully those are made from a good batch.

Registered
I'm sure there is a Massachusetts/Vermont and maybe more, Caddy contingent that would make the trip.
If not this year, maybe next? Any one want to help plan some get together?
Andrew
I've started and run the New England B & D get together for the past 12 years, not sure about this year. I could definitely help.

Tom

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tom:
Been meaning to ask you, what is the B&D get together? I that like a C (body) get together?
Sounds like fun. All your help would be appreciated, even if it were just for a casual gathering of the Caddy community.
Let me know.
Andrew

Registered
B's are Caprices, Roadmasters and Custom Cruiser wagons. D's are Fleetwood's. Your Deville would be more than welcome, we always have other cars there. Because of the virus, the B & D get together this year, will probably not be happening.

We usually meet around 10 am, BS to 1 pm, go to a restaurant for lunch, BS some more, then head off to an ice cream stand. Usually over by 4:30. We've had cars from all over New England and Canada. Usually around 25 to 30 cars, which is a nice number. We have it around Dover NH.

Got the new tires mounted yet Andrew? Keep us posted.

Tom

Registered
'91 Brougham
I've had Runway Enduros 75s on my brougham since 2015. Same 1 3/8" whitewall. Very happy with them but sadly just googling them now reveals they are no longer made.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Roman, they were too my first choice, but unavailable even now.
Try the Galaxy R-1's. They look great. Haven't put a whole lot of miles on them, but I think they'll do just fine, just like your Enduros.

Tom: Yes they are mounted, on nice shiny black rims. Now I have to pop on the wire caps for that finished Cadillac look. It would seem the former owner (s) had a problem with curbs or pot holes, or posibly some very rough off roading, something a Cadillac is not built for. Every rim had to pounded out a little. The last one has a little side to side play (run out) in it. Took a lot of weights to get it balanced. If the DeVille doesn't wag it's back end to much at speed, I should be OK with that one rim.

If that get together ever resumes I would like to attend. Sounds like a hell of a fun time being with people of like minds. Not as much fun to have BS sessions with a mask on and six feet away. :p Keep us all posted if it ever starts up again.
Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts