Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put a different seat in their V....i am thinking about something with some side supports. the more i push for 1+g's, the more i think this is a necessity.

maybe out of a vette/viper/etc.

Appreciate the thoughts.
B

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
You're gonna give something up, no matter what. Heaters, elec.movement,sidebag, seatbelt. If you've got the money, Recaro makes a beautiful seat in leather that works with a harness, but you'll either need to fab mounts or install a harness bar. You're probably better off trying to do something to the stock seat's bolsters...over-stuff them in the bolsters with harder foam and/or apply grippy suede-like fabric to the edges. The seats must weigh a ton, but there's plenty to lose by taking them out.
Good luck,
ace

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info...i forgot about the side airbags. i wasn't too worried about the seat belt - i was thinking harness option.

Ace, you're probably right, the easiest way is going to be modding the existing.
B

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sparco Milano in leather is an unbelievable seat. I have the milano in seude in my IS300 and love it.

The sparco brackets, if there are any for the CTS-V, I have yet to see them, will retain a stock seat belt. I think brackets to fit a seat are going to be the most difficult part. Corbeau retains the stock seatbelt too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
OUR SEATBELT IS ON THE SEAT, Therefore no seat = no belt
I do see the need for better side bolster but The cts-v seats are also very comfy and I wouldn't want to give that up specially since I am in the car all the time, Damn miami rush hour.:banghead:
For people that autocross it would be a plus to have different seats defffff

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I bought a set of G-LOCK's. Cost 60 bucks for 2, and lets you ratchet yourself in. It's the next best thing to having a seat with an actual bolster.

-Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts