1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
OK. Just checking. :alchi:

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Those are all seasons. Wouldnt you want to keep using Summers? The 245/25/18 RE050's are only 8$ more per tire then the OEM size.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are all seasons. Wouldnt you want to keep using Summers? The 245/25/18 RE050's are only 8$ more per tire then the OEM size.
I dont want to go with summer tires again. They were terrible in the light snow here in NY and with about an half-inch of snow or more the car was useless. Rain was ok...

All season performance is the way I am going to go this time. I dont want to get two sets of tires and rims and swap them. I was just going to stick with the same size as OEM. But now I am thinking wider...

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
ive heard they are actually good. but never used them. i think my friend has those

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I totally agree that the OEM tires are bad in the snow. I found they got really bad once the temps got close to freezing. I run dedicated winter tires here in the not so great white north, so I can get away with summers in the summer.

Wider tires would be ideal. 245/25's would be ok....doesn't Nick run these size tires on the same rims as ours?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally agree that the OEM tires are bad in the snow. I found they got really bad once the temps got close to freezing. I run dedicated winter tires here in the not so great white north, so I can get away with summers in the summer.

Wider tires would be ideal. 245/25's would be ok....doesn't Nick run these size tires on the same rims as ours?
I forget what size he runs, but we do have the same rims. I was thinking about 255/45/18. Will the front tires rub when turning tho... :hmm:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts
Thats a terrible idea man. Terrible.

Here's what you're going to want to do. You want to buy some 20's and sell me your sport rims/tires. Duh..

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I am leaning towards these, what do u guys think? Anyone have them?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=T
I put these on my 04 CTS when it had 27,000 miles on it. I just turned 37,000 miles, and are almost worn out. I am a senior citizen; I drive very little; I am easy on a car; suspension/wheels are in alignment. I am going back to Disc Tire this week to see what they and Goodyear can do for me.

These tires were highly recommended by Disc Tire. I did my homework back then. Reviews were very good for most/almost all categories, but I am very disappointed. 10,000 miles, and they are almost down to the (safety) bars. Tires have worn evenly. Next set will be Bridgestone Potenza 960, which supposedly do very well in wet and snowy weather.

I have a good narrative memo created for Goodyear regarding their marketing materials on this car, and how they rate it at 420 for mileage (if I remember correctly). Hopefully, they will respond in a positive fashion.

Also ironic that I raved about these tires here (on the forum) just after I put them on. I think they are good in rain. I have lost confidence in these tires because of the fact that they are wearing out so quickly. Based on Goodyear's ratings, I expected perhaps 35,000 miles.

You can find tons of rating info (graph format too) at Tire Rack. I like Disc Tire's people, clean stores, corporate attitude, etc. Great, honest people. I have not had the opportunity to deal with Tire Rack.

·
Registered
CTS w/ sports suspension
43 Posts
I have the 17" Sport Package Wheels and put the Michellin A/S 235 45 17

Costco has the $70 rebate and life time balancing, flats, and rotation.

If you look up the latest tests on Tire Rack, you will see that these tires--the plus came out on top.

I love mine--wow does the car handle better and run quieter inspite of the agressive tread design.

Best wishes.

D.

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
Thay are a ok tire but they dont last long i might have had 18,000 miles on them.. and they are very noisey... so if you want a quite ride don buy them....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts